Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wonder if we could give him to the Ravens?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Chardonnay has talent but he doesn't have a mean streak.
    Contrast with Kemoeatu...he had a mean streak, but he had no brain.

Legend

User Info Menu

The kid is softer than a movement after X-Lax...
    Thats some funny ****.....
    No pun intended LOL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nit sure if this is a big deal or not but something about Gilbert rubs me the wrong way...

He seems like the type to do enough to stick around but isn't going to go above and beyond for the team. he would be the type to drop a weight on Bens foot so maybe they told him to stay away.
    You just described the majority of NFL players, heck, no, you described the majority of PEOPLE.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    You are absolutely right! That is the harshest I have seen as well. Chardonnay LOL!
    They say he is an easy follower, so if we have leaders who don't accept lazy play, he will be groomed into a decent player. Are we forgetting that Max Starks had many of the same things said about him? We won 2 SBs with him as our LT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It says "Fall" on his calendar, year-round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chardonnay has talent but he doesn't have a mean streak. I said the guy rarely finishes games and someone on here disagreed. Not sure who it was but since that first discussion I think Chardonnay hasn't finished 75% of the games he has started.

The write up was spot on... he isn't rehabbing he is hiding.

The kid is softer than a movement after X-Lax...

Softer than a leaky implant.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert is Baby Huey

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jigawatts; 10-26-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    They say he is an easy follower, so if we have leaders who don't accept lazy play, he will be groomed into a decent player. Are we forgetting that Max Starks had many of the same things said about him? We won 2 SBs with him as our LT.
    Well, we won one Super Bowl with Max as our RT and one Super Bowl with Max as our LT, but the point is nonetheless taken.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I sometimes wondered if Starks had the fire or the competitiveness to play football, but I always thought he was a bright, alert man. Gilbert strikes me as semi-conscious, almost like he has sleep apnea. I hear he snoozes during meetings. For a heavy man, who is over 300 lbs, to allow himself to free fall backwards in a crowd, is an extremely thoughtless act. Even if his set was not strong, nor his leverage good, once he felt himself going backwards, he should have fought with all he was worth. He should have curled to the side or crouched. He should have never free falled, totally stretched out, blindly backwards. That is very dangerous. That he would do that once is very upsetting. That he would allow that to happen, three or more times is appalling.

I thought he was a good prospect last year also. He has the size and the physical attributes that you want. But sports requires mental alertness, and I am so steamed at him right now, I wouldn't care if he didn't return. If he does, he can never, ever allow that to happen again.