Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

Legend

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

I found this excerpt from Ed's latest chat to be interesting...

THURSDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2012

WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

-- YOU: Gerry commented that Marcus Gilbert hasn't been seen around the facility since his injury. This seems unusual or is there more to the story.

ME: I’m hurt because I wrote that as well here yesterday. It is unusual for a player who has not had surgery to go missing for two weeks.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118632-ed-steelers-once-had-rg3-of-their-own[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think this one is pretty cut and dry.

The team has asked him to disappear so that no one else gets hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nit sure if this is a big deal or not but something about Gilbert rubs me the wrong way...

He seems like the type to do enough to stick around but isn't going to go above and beyond for the team. he would be the type to drop a weight on Bens foot so maybe they told him to stay away.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://florida.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=65502#scouting[/URL]

Negatives
    : Lacks physical and mental toughness and too often looks for an easy way out. Has a lazy streak and gets by on his natural talent. Plays too soft and catches. Not a puncher and does not use his long arms to create extension. Soft sets and gives ground to anchor. Not a finisher. Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker. Marginal functional strength and power. Tends to bend at the waist, lean and upper-body maul defenders. Questionable stamina and tempo. Easily influenced follower. Will take time to adjust to an NFL playbook.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah that screams Steeler.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think this one is pretty cut and dry.

The team has asked him to disappear so that no one else gets hurt.
    I was a nanosecond from spewing my Coke all over the keyboard... That's funny!

Backup

User Info Menu

In my opinion I think in the long run Mike Adams will be much better than Marcus Gilbert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah that screams Steeler.
    Unfortunately, it seems to be the New Steeler, i.e. all the injuries this team is racking up.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    [URL]http://florida.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=65502#scouting[/URL]

Negatives
    : Lacks physical and mental toughness and too often looks for an easy way out. Has a lazy streak and gets by on his natural talent. Plays too soft and catches. Not a puncher and does not use his long arms to create extension. Soft sets and gives ground to anchor. Not a finisher. Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker. Marginal functional strength and power. Tends to bend at the waist, lean and upper-body maul defenders. Questionable stamina and tempo. Easily influenced follower. Will take time to adjust to an NFL playbook.
    I think that is the harshest scouting write-up I've ever seen. "Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker" is classic.

I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think that is the harshest scouting write-up I've ever seen. "Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker" is classic.

I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!
    You are absolutely right! That is the harshest I have seen as well. Chardonnay LOL!