Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

    I found this excerpt from Ed's latest chat to be interesting...


    THURSDAY, 25 OCTOBER 2012

    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

    -- YOU: Gerry commented that Marcus Gilbert hasn't been seen around the facility since his injury. This seems unusual or is there more to the story.

    ME: Iím hurt because I wrote that as well here yesterday. It is unusual for a player who has not had surgery to go missing for two weeks.

    [URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118632-ed-steelers-once-had-rg3-of-their-own[/URL]

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I think this one is pretty cut and dry.

    The team has asked him to disappear so that no one else gets hurt.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Nit sure if this is a big deal or not but something about Gilbert rubs me the wrong way...

    He seems like the type to do enough to stick around but isn't going to go above and beyond for the team. he would be the type to drop a weight on Bens foot so maybe they told him to stay away.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    [URL]http://florida.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=65502#scouting[/URL]

    Negatives
    : Lacks physical and mental toughness and too often looks for an easy way out. Has a lazy streak and gets by on his natural talent. Plays too soft and catches. Not a puncher and does not use his long arms to create extension. Soft sets and gives ground to anchor. Not a finisher. Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker. Marginal functional strength and power. Tends to bend at the waist, lean and upper-body maul defenders. Questionable stamina and tempo. Easily influenced follower. Will take time to adjust to an NFL playbook.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Yeah that screams Steeler.

  6. #6
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think this one is pretty cut and dry.

    The team has asked him to disappear so that no one else gets hurt.
    I was a nanosecond from spewing my Coke all over the keyboard... That's funny!

  7. #7
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    In my opinion I think in the long run Mike Adams will be much better than Marcus Gilbert

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah that screams Steeler.
    Unfortunately, it seems to be the New Steeler, i.e. all the injuries this team is racking up.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    [URL]http://florida.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=65502#scouting[/URL]

    Negatives
    : Lacks physical and mental toughness and too often looks for an easy way out. Has a lazy streak and gets by on his natural talent. Plays too soft and catches. Not a puncher and does not use his long arms to create extension. Soft sets and gives ground to anchor. Not a finisher. Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker. Marginal functional strength and power. Tends to bend at the waist, lean and upper-body maul defenders. Questionable stamina and tempo. Easily influenced follower. Will take time to adjust to an NFL playbook.
    I think that is the harshest scouting write-up I've ever seen. "Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker" is classic.

    I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think that is the harshest scouting write-up I've ever seen. "Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker" is classic.

    I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!
    You are absolutely right! That is the harshest I have seen as well. Chardonnay LOL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •