Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudsteelerfamily View Post
    Trib live was my first message board experience. That was so funny. Flippy, I remember your SB thread. Great stuff! And for the longest time I read MSM as Mr. Smart MOMMIES! I do remember Crash and was it Big Nasty? And the guy who died. He didn't really die?
    LoL, I don't remember the guy who died who didn't die!! HaHa

I have LysDexia too
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lmao, you guys are starting to make me miss that place!!! between crash, HHH, and the overpaid janitor it was hysterical and excruciating at the same time. nevertheless I'm grateful for one of the mods here who sent me a nice little PM - 'hey starlifter, if you're tired of all the b.s. and drama I know this great little NEW message board'.........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Now, this is a fun memory!!!

I always admired how the user profiles matched the villains so perfectly (ie. Smartmones as Brainiac, HHH as Bizarro, TeeCeeMadison as Gorilla Grodd, etc.)...

Backup

User Info Menu

I thought the TribLive board was a great board. The moderators only made a half-hearted attempt to control it and with the amount of people frequenting it, well, that board offered a fantastic way to gauge the pulse of Steeler fandom. I also liked the fact that they had so many trolls from other teams - after a loss it was almost unbearable. But I liked that aspect of it. It only made the victories sweeter.

The Stemmy's was run by a lawyer IIRC - solid guy, can't recall his name. I had heard he got a lot of crap for doing it (that whole hanging chad debacle) but in my opinion the board had an open character and had developed into a weird but friendly community - the Stemmys being indicative of that sense of community. Being a Steeler fan is about being a part of something larger than the team or its city - it has always been about camaraderie that stretches across cities, states and nations because - you know how it is, if you see someone with Mean Joe jersey on somewhere you don't need to know their name or anything else about them - you simply say, "Steelers fan huh?" and there is that tangible sense of kinship. In a world flush with the worship of mediocrity we revel in excellence and achievement. We are Steelers fans. And it's nothing personal, it's just that our team is better than yours.

Salute to all my TribLive brothers! and a bow to all the alt.fan.pittsburgh-steelers veterans.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Now, this is a fun memory!!!

I always admired how the user profiles matched the villains so perfectly (ie. Smartmones as Brainiac, HHH as Bizarro, TeeCeeMadison as Gorilla Grodd, etc.)...
    I always liked the Zayets match best, and it was a concerted effort to align them as much as possible. I'm not sure how many of you remember this guy, but he was perhaps the dumbest human being I have yet to encounter on a message board. It almost felt bad to bash or argue with him, because it was like picking on someone who was mentally disabled.

But he kept asking for it.

That Solomon Grundy gaping stare is exactly what I imagined Zayets looked like before I even encountered the picture.

MSM was the worst. I know some on here had an appreciation for his stats and data, but he was - as Chadman would say - a huge wanker.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I always liked the Zayets match best, and it was a concerted effort to align them as much as possible. I'm not sure how many of you remember this guy, but he was perhaps the dumbest human being I have yet to encounter on a message board. It almost felt bad to bash or argue with him, because it was like picking on someone who was mentally disabled.

But he kept asking for it.

That Solomon Grundy gaping stare is exactly what I imagined Zayets looked like before I even encountered the picture.

MSM was the worst. I know some on here had an appreciation for his stats and data, but he was - as Chadman would say - a huge wanker.
    A job well done...I was going to mention Zayets as well, but I didn't want to be too effusive...

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't it JC Steel who started the Stemmy's?

I was a Nostradamus Stemmy award winner one year. I put that on my resume to this day....

I joined in 2003 when the Steelers sucked. I had been reading all season without posting when I finally had to join to fight with SanDiego Sean. What a giant douche and moron as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never really posted much there lurked a lot though

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I don't think so. I like to believe I've matured since that time of my life.

Pirogi Pete vs Crash v.35235236246
    True classic!
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I tagged this loser with the name....my only true board credit. What a tool! [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&d=1351299425"][/URL]
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]