Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I did, but Nky chose to ignore it. not much I can do after that...
    I agree...all you can do is offer to help.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree...all you can do is offer to help.

I struggle at times with the following question...

where is the fine line between not being my brother's keeper and offering to help someone you can see is making poor life choices?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i just wanted to see if the spell correct people would jump on that and it's how my kids pronounce it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I struggle at times with the following question...

where is the fine line between not being my brother's keeper and offering to help someone you can see is making poor life choices?
    Ultimately, we are each responsible for our own actions. I believe human beings show love for one another by being there for them in support. It doesn't mean enabling, but it does mean being willing to extend a hand to help them up.

For instance, if a friend landed themselves in jail for some sort of substance related crime...I wouldn't bail them out. Why? Because trouble is an addicts best friend. I would however go to extended lengths to make sure they could get help for their problem.

I think that boundary you struggle with...many of us struggle with.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hawaiin, you can only help those that want the help. also, drunks don'thave a drinking problem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Oh wow...forgot about that

Yeah, that was horrible. I remember Patrick saying, getting on the Trib and bouncing football talk around with us was his only release during the time of all the troubles. I wonder whatever became of him and if he made it to any different Steeler sites ? He had a nice video that we could see of his family and his wife that he shared. For as many rough people that came to that site I still enjoyed it and when it ended I was bummed because I thought well of many of the folks there and would have liked to remain friends.

Legend

User Info Menu

IIRC, a while back pat posted on another site that he was starting to get back in the dating field and after 20 something years, feeling a lil weird about it.

havent seen anything from him recently

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

thanks for the reply. that's got to be weird and hard on him at the same time. i know it would for me if something happened to my wife and with having my two young children. hope i never have to face what Patrick has faced.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko View Post
    Didn't Bradshaw'sHairdresser start the whole Tomlin "janitor" thing?
    Nope. I think it was TBradshaw...he's the one who made such contributions to the board as writing: "Tomlin is dumb. Tomlin is stupid." I think he was probably a 12-year-old kid--or maybe mentally challenged.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who used to have the name FireCowhernow ? Or something to that affect.