Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Like most of us here, I don't necessarily have a lot of spare time...I have a few minutes where I can sneak onto this board here and there...occasionally, I have more time to spend...

With time at a premium, why in the world would I waste that precious time at a board with a bunch of jagoffs?

JH has a great operation here with a great online community of Steeler fans...and I wouldn't trade my time on this board for twice as much time at another...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    I

I think kipper runs tavern... used to be some toro dude too
    Kipper and Toro, yup. Cool guys. I was talking about whoever ran the pick 'ems though.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I ran the pick-em contest for a couple years on the Trib board. It got to be too much for me, though...I think we had 60-some participants one year...
    I feel you. I bet that was a PITA. Someone ran it at the Tavern and here simultaneously for awhile. I'm thinking it was LVG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Eniparadoxgma - I'd definitley be in if you did a weekly college pick-em here. I liked the Tavern one - about 10 guys or so. I remember the trib one being a bit out of hand as Hairdressser said. Can't imagine running it there. Randod was a cool guy.
    I actually don't follow college football and was talking about picking NFL games like we used to (although I know there was a College Pick 'ems too). I'll probably do it next year. I miss 'em.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Hawaiian, I don't remember you from the Trib. Did you have a different nick or not post very often? I think everyone that used to be on the Trib but has a different name here should post their old Trib names. You know, like: eniparadoxgma = eniparadoxgma, Dee Dub = SFL, Shawn = ShawnMedGuy, FlaSteel = Smartmonies, Ruthless = Queerbait, etc etc.
    the Trib was my first message board ever and I lurked for a long time there before I finally got enough courage up to start posting. shortly thereafter, just as I started posting regularly the Trib pulled the plug on the board.

and you probably wouldn't recognize me from my name there, I had an "er" on the end and was named "hawaiiansteeler".
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can't find the original picture but:

[URL="http://imgur.com/ue8zu"][/URL]
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    If I remember correctly, rickt (I forget the numbers in his name) was a normal poster at one time and then eventually devolved into a complete douche..
    Unless I have my nicknames mixed up..

Rick used to do game commentaries on the board for those of us who were unable to watch the game. I enjoyed those -- we didn't get many Pit games in Boston. But the occasional scmuck would dump on him for doing the commentary, and then he'd get annoyed.

One big life changer for him was that his son died..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yep. He did the play by play for those of us who didn't have access to the game. He helped me and others out numerous times. As far as his losing his son, it happened before I ever interacted with the guy but I both remember that and actually went off on someone who tried to bring it up against him in an "argument".

However, as time went on the guy just lost it. When we didn't draft OL one particular year it got bad. When we didn't the following year all hell broke loose. He's banned from this board and it's not for a lack of a reason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Like most of us here, I don't necessarily have a lot of spare time...I have a few minutes where I can sneak onto this board here and there...occasionally, I have more time to spend...

With time at a premium, why in the world would I waste that precious time at a board with a bunch of jagoffs?

JH has a great operation here with a great online community of Steeler fans...and I wouldn't trade my time on this board for twice as much time at another...

I like your comment slapstick and I've said in the past and of late "this is the best site around." The trib was nice in its own way but too much garbage came along with it. I mostly remember trolls taking over the boards. I actually thought a troll ran the board from the Trib. I haven't been to any Steeler sites except the Tavern of late. I came to this site first, got invited to the Tavern and it was nice at first. Not a lot of posters, not a lot of threads to follow and it was a small circle of guys having good talks. Eventually one of the mods turned into an obnoxious.........I don't even know how to describe him/it. Steelereign tried as a mod to be peace keeper between the posters and the A-hole mod but it all fell flat. I stopped going there as many did if they weren't booted from the odd ball mod for having their own opinions.
    Eventually they tossed this particular mod off the site or removed his modship from him and it's a nice calm/polite board. The only trouble is I believe, the screwball mod did so much damage, insulted so many posters and so on, he has pretty much flat lined that site. Very few people post there outside the mods and sometimes not even that. It's a shame because steeleriegn is such a nice mod/guy and he and kipper tried very hard to make the adjustments. I think the Tavern changed it's name to ..... ? I can't remember but, I think you can still locate it under the Tavern name.

Despite all that I mentioned, it is nice to know this is a great site, 94% of the posters are great guys and the mod/mods are not on a power trip.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    the mod/mods are not on a power trip.
    That's what you think. Mwoo-ha-ha-HA-HAAA!!! Feel my wrath, suckas!!!

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Say all you want, I am not affected by losers. At least that is what the ex-mod from the Tavern said about this site and all those who are enlisted here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Say all you want, I am not affected by losers. At least that is what the ex-mod from the Tavern said about this site and all those who are enlisted here.
    Crash did the same thing, after being banned from here he went over to the Tavern and called everyone who posts here at the Planet "a bunch of losers" just like the ex-mod did that you are referencing.

oh well, guess we can't all be winners like the ex-mod and Crash are...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha