Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

Legend

User Info Menu

When I was a rook on the other board, for no reason but kindness NKy sent me a CD of Steelers Fight songs through the mail after I posted I liked the Beer Barrel Polka. I remember his partner got seriously, maybe fatally ill after a while too. That's my perspective on him, hope he's doing OK.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone remember the all time Steeler draft? My team was the stuff. That was some of the most fun I've ever had. Trying to compare the all time Steeler greats - nearly impossible.

That's why I forgive everyone for getting the voting wrong

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    When I was a rook on the other board, for no reason but kindness NKy sent me a CD of Steelers Fight songs through the mail after I posted I liked the Beer Barrel Polka. I remember his partner got seriously, maybe fatally ill after a while too. That's my perspective on him, hope he's doing OK.
    NKy is good people and I could care less who has a hair up their butt about him. 5 years ago I went off to get help for being a drunk...not even my wife supported me. I got letters of support, and Steeler stuff from him everyday that I was there. We had a falling out later...most of that was on my side. He has been through alot, don't see a need to dump more on the guy. And knowing NKy as well as I do, when I hear stories that he was peeing on people at a party...I know it's not true. It doesn't fit. Sounds to me like some egos and personalities got bruised and stories elaborated in order to injure. Just sounds like some grown men have some growing up to do.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    NKy is good people and I could care less who has a hair up their butt about him. 5 years ago I went off to get help for being a drunk...not even my wife supported me. I got letters of support, and Steeler stuff from him everyday that I was there. We had a falling out later...most of that was on my side. He has been through alot, don't see a need to dump more on the guy. And knowing NKy as well as I do, when I hear stories that he was peeing on people at a party...I know it's not true. It doesn't fit. Sounds to me like some egos and personalities got bruised and stories elaborated in order to injure. Just sounds like some grown men have some growing up to do.

I too was a newbie at the Trib, and NKy reached out to me and tried to set up a meeting when he was flying out to SD. That never transpired, but I too had a battle with the bottle, and I can tell you it can change you as a person. I was fortunate because I figured it out. Haven't seen or heard from him in a while, but I hope he is doing well.

Legend

User Info Menu

When I was getting "Made" by the Steel City Mafia for my efforts in the fan club, he tried to get me tickets to go since we couldn't really afford them. It didn't work out, but he tried. Very cool guy in my book.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

there were multiple witnesses who verified the story and Nky acknowledged doing so on the other board admitting that it was one of the worst mistakes he ever made in his life, so yes it is true.

nobody would make up a story like this in order to injure another person, alcohol can make people do some very stupid things. having said that, I hope Nky gets the help that he needs.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Well it's always better to be pissed off than pissed on....unless you are stung by a sting ray.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not really interested in a he said she said conversation. What I know is that the "multiple witnesses" all had good reason to stretch the story. I know some of the history and personalities involved. Based upon my history with NKy, I know he didn't urinate on another human being. It doesn't fit...and I don't believe it. And personally, I find it irresponsible to spread stories that not only defame character but can hurt a man's career based upon hearsay. That's just my 2 cents on all of this so take it for what it's worth.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

sheeeeet... anyone can turn into a pisser if they have too many drinks. It's not right to talk about a guy when he can't defend himself but it's also not right to pee on someone... unless they are into that sort of thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it was comedian Ron White who said that there is a difference between peeing IN the pool and peeing INTO the pool (in his joke, it may have involved rafting in a lake or river instead of swimming in a pool, but still...point taken).

Anyway...to change the subject...the person who first invited me over to this site was in fact a member of FlaSteel's Lesions of Doom...yup, none other than the Cheetah...LasVegasGuy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.