Thread: Re-watching the Cinci game....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re-watching the Cinci game....

....and Dwyer ran exactly as I thought he would all along. I love how he finishes off runs by blasting INTO defenders at the end of his runs. That style will wear down Ds for sure, if he is given enough touches. It wore down the Bengals by game's end, that's for sure.

I definitely feel my predictions for JD were spot on, as it turns out, even though some tried to ridicule me for my predictions. I was pretty $ on, as it turns out. That is all. If you want my other predictions, I will offer them as a paid service. PM me if you want details. Thank you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Will Dwyer play this week?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Will Dwyer play this week?
    Looking that way. Mendenhall has not practiced. Dwyer had a minor issue causing him to miss yesterday, but the writers didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....and Dwyer ran exactly as I thought he would all along. I love how he finishes off runs by blasting INTO defenders at the end of his runs. That style will wear down Ds for sure, if he is given enough touches. It wore down the Bengals by game's end, that's for sure.

I definitely feel my predictions for JD were spot on, as it turns out, even though some tried to ridicule me for my predictions. I was pretty $ on, as it turns out. That is all. If you want my other predictions, I will offer them as a paid service. PM me if you want details. Thank you.
    I'm all for Dwyer emerging as a great running back but I still think you're patting yourself on the back a little too soon. I also love the way he blasts defenders at the end (and middle) of runs. It's the exact opposite of ol' Yellowback Wallace, going to the ground or running out of bounds before he's even touched.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I'm all for Dwyer emerging as a great running back but I still think you're patting yourself on the back a little too soon. I also love the way he blasts defenders at the end (and middle) of runs. It's the exact opposite of ol' Yellowback Wallace, going to the ground or running out of bounds before he's even touched.
    before he even touches the ball.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    before he even touches the ball.
    And we thought Amos Zereoue went down easily!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea know, I have noticed that a lot of NFL players now fall to the ground when facing 2-3 defenders, even good players like Brown do this. I don't have a problem with them not trying to "take on the world" if facing 2 safeties and a LB or CB. I do have a problem when they are afraid to even take on one little CB and fall down from that. Wallace seems to fall down before he even freakin catches the ball and it seems like he keeps getting softer with more drops than ever before.

By the way, I don't know that JD will ever have a whole career with many starts; I was just glad to see he actually good play well in a game when he got lots of touches like I thought he would. I doubt we are going to see him play 4 more years as a starter or anything like that; he just isn't motivated enough it would seem.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

JD def. gets his pads low!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    JD def. gets his pads low!!
    I love that about him. I still say, if he gets as many carries as Mendy, he will out-produce him - especially now that he is in game shape to some degree.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    By the way, I don't know that JD will ever have a whole career with many starts; I was just glad to see he actually good play well in a game when he got lots of touches like I thought he would. I doubt we are going to see him play 4 more years as a starter or anything like that; he just isn't motivated enough it would seem.

Agreed.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>