Thread: Turner: It's "good" US troops committing suicide.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Turner: It's "good" US troops committing suicide.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnLdgAfX9tw[/url]

Really? I get his point afterwards, but how is it right to say it's "good" (and he almost said "terrific") that US troops are killing themselves at a higher rate than they are dying in combat? Really? Ted better watch is arse. That's not a wise thing to say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnLdgAfX9tw[/URL]

Really? I get his point afterwards, but how is it right to say it's "good" (and he almost said "terrific") that US troops are killing themselves at a higher rate than they are dying in combat? Really? Ted better watch is arse. That's not a wise thing to say.
    Did that make you laugh? It did for me. It was awkward and uncomfortable. What he said and meant were 2 very different things.

He wasn't saying soldiers dying is good even though those were his exact words. He was saying it's good that we can still believe in the humanity and hearts of men, that their hearts are inherently good.

Whoever did that video must be hyped up on Political rhetoric the way Obama and Romney spin everything to mean the complete opposite of what someone intended.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Did that make you laugh? It did for me. It was awkward and uncomfortable. What he said and meant were 2 very different things.

He wasn't saying soldiers dying is good even though those were his exact words. He was saying it's good that we can still believe in the humanity and hearts of men, that their hearts are inherently good.

Whoever did that video must be hyped up on Political rhetoric the way Obama and Romney spin everything to mean the complete opposite of what someone intended.
    I already said I agreed with what he said afterwards. But under no conditions do you say troops committing suicide is "good" (or "terrific" which he clearly started to say). I think he meant it. He should have said, "I think it's heartbreaking but it does show that mankind, in it's natural state, abhors killing other human beings to be the point where they can't take it and take their own life." That would have been a hell of a lot better than "I think it's good" which is what he said.