Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers will look,um, insteresting on Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers will look,um, insteresting on Sunday

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers-look-um-interesting-sunday-213250744--nfl.html[/url]

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has a thing for dopey socks. He is likely to be very jealous of the opposing Pittsburgh Steelers this weekend, because they will be sporting the dopiest socks in NFL history.
    The rest of the uniform only gets dopier as you work up from the black and gold striped socks. You can see them on various players behind Charlie Batch in the photo to the right — here's a better look at them — if you can take your eyes off of Charlie for a minute. Only on Project Runway will you find someone so proud of such ridiculous clothing.
    And they are ridiculous. They're disturbingly ugly, and Batch looks like the Hamburglar, if the Hamburglar had been homeless for 15 years. I'm starting to like it, though. If you're going to go ugly, I say go big. It's easy to rock a throwback jersey if you've got cool throwback jerseys. The Chargers in their old AFC joints? No problem. The Lions in their customary Thanksgiving gear? Why not?
    The Steelers looking like wayward rugby players who accidentally stumbled into a marathon where someone taped numbers on their chest? That takes some fortitude.
    The Steelers play the Redskins at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday. If you miss them then, you'll get a second chance in Week 11, when the Steelers play the Ravens in a Sunday night game

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care what they wear as long as they win. I'll admit though that they are ugly throwbacks. The media will have a field day with these.

Rookie

User Info Menu

In defense of the throwbacks...

[url]http://deadspin.com/pittsburgh-steelers-throwback-uniforms/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    lol Is that Stryper?! I saw them in concert when I was a kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stryper=legends.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

To Hell with the Devil

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice! Stryper was awesome!!!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the throwbacks. We can all look back at old pictures of ourselves with our crazy hairdos, big glasses, goofy clothes, etc and laugh at ourselves for how ridiculous we look.

It's not the look that matters. It's the nostalgia. I'll take the silly looking unis in exchange for the flashback to simpler times of yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like a prisonbreak to me.... be better if the Raiders were sporting that style...