Thread: Kordell Stewart now has a sports talk radio gig in Atlanta

Backup

User Info Menu

Arrow Kordell Stewart now has a sports talk radio gig in Atlanta

Earlier today, one of my favorite radio stations in Atlanta flipped to a sports talk format, and several of the new on-air personalities have been introducing themselves all at once and talking about sports for a few hours before the shows officially get underway this evening. To my surprise, one of the people I heard talking was Kordell Stewart. From what I'm gathering, he'll be co-hosting a show with somebody on this new station. It'll be interesting to hear him on the radio. (By the way, the new station is now called "92.9 The Game," for those of you who are familiar with Atlanta.)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Earlier today, one of my favorite radio stations in Atlanta flipped to a sports talk format, and several of the new on-air personalities have been introducing themselves all at once and talking about sports for a few hours before the shows officially get underway this evening. To my surprise, one of the people I heard talking was Kordell Stewart. From what I'm gathering, he'll be co-hosting a show with somebody on this new station. It'll be interesting to hear him on the radio. (By the way, the new station is now called "92.9 The Game," for those of you who are familiar with Atlanta.)
    He knows the game, and has generally been ok, if not stellar, in his analyses in other shows. Also, I was a huge fan, his first few years here, and continued to sympathize with him to the end. On his day he could be phenomenal.

Backup

User Info Menu

I have his jersey, but after he left, he did piss me off with some of his parting comments. I've since forgiven him, though, and I just hope he realizes that most of us were not the ignoramuses who questioned his sexual identity or had a problem with the fact that the starting QB was black. (Shame on those who did.)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I have his jersey, but after he left, he did piss me off with some of his parting comments. I've since forgiven him, though, and I just hope he realizes that most of us were not the ignoramuses who questioned his sexual identity or had a problem with the fact that the starting QB was black. (Shame on those who did.)
    i never blamed him for being black, gay or a crappy qb. i realized he didnt chose to be any of those, it just happened.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i was a fan because I thought he was a pretty tough QB.

I became a disenchanted fan because he turned into a headcase crappy QB

However I never felt any ill will towards him and wish him good luck on the radio. sometimes things just work out. If kordell had stayed good we wouldn't have gone to tommy. and if tommy had stayed good, we wouldn't have drafted ben.

so thank you slash. your meltdown lit the fuse that resulted in 3 SB's over the last 7 years.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    He knows the game, and has generally been ok, if not stellar, in his analyses in other shows. Also, I was a huge fan, his first few years here, and continued to sympathize with him to the end. On his day he could be phenomenal.
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more on every point. I hated him his last few years in Pgh, think he is completely shallow and often 100% wrong as a commentator. I do feel sorry for him sometimes, just on a human level, but he was garbage at QB other than one year and has been shallow as a commentator every time I have listened to him.