Thread: The path is more open now....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

The path is more open now....

To being AFCN champs this year. The Stains are a non issue. The bungals are barely an issue, and more likely a spoiler than anything serious.

The rats are the only real issue.

The rats have a lame QB who shows up sometimes. He reminds me of Kent Graham. They have a depleted O line, and a defense on the ropes. There are also leadership vacuums over there. That running game they keep ignoring is their real strength. Here is the rest of their schedule:

• Bye
    • Nov 04 at Browns
    • Nov 11 Raiders
    • Nov 18 at Steelers
    • Nov 25 at Chargers
    • Dec 02 Steelers
    • Dec 09 at Redskins
    • Dec 16 Broncos
    • Dec 23 Giants
    • Dec 30 at Bengals

They beat the Stains, Raiders, and Bengals for sure. They might well split with us and take one of the others against the Chargers, Skins, Mannings, and the Gints. That means that they have five, maybe six more wins. That gives them a 10-6 or 11-5 season. Very nice for them.

If we hold our own we can be there. It's not easy at all, but possible. It is also possible that the Rats do worse than I predict because I hate them.

Discuss.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012123002/2012/REG17/ravens@bengals?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr"]
      [/URL]
    Last edited by Djfan; 10-23-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Cut and paste issues
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens suck on the road and are good at home (much like some other team we all know and love). I predict that they only win one of their remaining games on the road, and lose only one of their remaining games at home (I won't predict specifically which games these will be, because the NFL is goofy sometimes...games you figure were slam dunk wins turn out to be losses, and games that you surely thought would be losses end up being surprising wins). That would make them 9-7 overall. We can still take them.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    To being AFCN champs this year. The Stains are a non issue. The bungals are barely an issue, and more likely a spoiler than anything serious.

The rats are the only real issue.

The rats have a lame QB who shows up sometimes. He reminds me of Kent Graham. They have a depleted O line, and a defense on the ropes. There are also leadership vacuums over there. That running game they keep ignoring is their real strength. Here is the rest of their schedule:

• Bye
    • Nov 04 at Browns
    • Nov 11 Raiders
    • Nov 18 at Steelers
    • Nov 25 at Chargers
    • Dec 02 Steelers
    • Dec 09 at Redskins
    • Dec 16 Broncos
    • Dec 23 Giants
    • Dec 30 at Bengals

They beat the Stains, Raiders, and Bengals for sure. They might well split with us and take one of the others against the Chargers, Skins, Mannings, and the Gints. That means that they have five, maybe six more wins. That gives them a 10-6 or 11-5 season. Very nice for them.

If we hold our own we can be there. It's not easy at all, but possible. It is also possible that the Rats do worse than I predict because I hate them.

Discuss.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012123002/2012/REG17/ravens@bengals?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr"]
      [/URL]
    I say they beat the Raiders, Skins since they dont have Orakpo, Donks, and either the Bengals or Chargers possibly both but not likely since they are on the road. Put Flacco on the road against a pass rush and he is barely average. That makes 9-7 or 10-6. They lose to the Stains cause they are on the road. To us twice because we are going to continue to improve as we get healthier, we might even have DeCastro and Troy by the second time we play'em. SD is on the left coast. The Giants will tear'em up. And if there is one thing the Bengals have its a pass rush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our best chance involves us sweeping them - the the rest of the division. sounds obvious to say right now but it is a distinct possibility. That gets us to eight wins with the other games being Washington, @Giants, Chiefs, Chargers, @Dallas.

If we can sweep at home and win one of NYG or Dallas, that gets us to 12 wins and a possible 1st round bye. Sounds crazy after the start we had but we have 6 home games left and we are a different team at home. We have to handle Cleveland and Baltimore on the road and the way both look, and the intensity that we will need to bring, it is not that far fetched. Finally, Dallas in December? Is there an NFL team in history that falls so far off the map every December than the Cowboys of the last ten years?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Our best chance involves us sweeping them - the the rest of the division. sounds obvious to say right now but it is a distinct possibility. That gets us to eight wins with the other games being Washington, @Giants, Chiefs, Chargers, @Dallas.

If we can sweep at home and win one of NYG or Dallas, that gets us to 12 wins and a possible 1st round bye. Sounds crazy after the start we had but we have 6 home games left and we are a different team at home. We have to handle Cleveland and Baltimore on the road and the way both look, and the intensity that we will need to bring, it is not that far fetched. Finally, Dallas in December? Is there an NFL team in history that falls so far off the map every December than the Cowboys of the last ten years?
    +1

I think Steelers can beat Ravens twice.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

That would be ideal...but lets be serious. This team's M.O. is that it plays down to its competition, and there will be one crappy game they let slip away like always. With that said, if its only one blown game in your scenario, its still 11 wins and still maybe a bye. I just remember the stupid Chris Chambers Chiefs game, the Bruce Gradkowski Raiders game, and several other let downs (heck even the Hasselbeck game this year). Hopefully its out of their system, but you never know.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's very likely the Rats could finish at 10-6 or even 9-7.

Unfortunately, the way we've been playing, it's very likely we could finish at 8-8.