Thread: If We Only Scored TDs...

Legend

User Info Menu

If We Only Scored TDs...

There's a lot of things this team needs to fix. But if we could change just one thing, lets turn FGs into TDs.

If we just got over that one little hump, this team would go from mediocre to a real contender. The Defense is what it is. Salvaging this season is on Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heck, if we could just turn half of the FG's into TD's it would be good. That said, Sushi has been very good this year for all the hate he gets. We could be a LOT worse off if he weren't money under 50 yards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Heck, if we could just turn half of the FG's into TD's it would be good. That said, Sushi has been very good this year for all the hate he gets. We could be a LOT worse off if he weren't money under 50 yards.
    It's not Sushi's fault that Tomlin trots him out to kick 50+ yard FGs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Suisham has gotten a good deal of praise on this board this season and it's been well deserved. Much like the ridicule he got last season for sucking (statistically horrendous) and having short kick-offs was also deserved. Maybe he was told in the off season they were bringing in a competitor and he in no way had a job locked down. He clearly practiced this summer and the improvement is great to see.

He's been right down the middle on most, so while you always want a TD, it's been really nice so far to not have my stomach clench up every time he walks on the field. I'll even say I have confidence when he comes out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Suisham has gotten a good deal of praise on this board this season and it's been well deserved. Much like the ridicule he got last season for sucking (statistically horrendous) and having short kick-offs was also deserved. Maybe he was told in the off season they were bringing in a competitor and he in no way had a job locked down. He clearly practiced this summer and the improvement is great to see.

He's been right down the middle on most, so while you always want a TD, it's been really nice so far to not have my stomach clench up every time he walks on the field. I'll even say I have confidence when he comes out.
    Ditto what Ghost said. I have been a major critic of Sushi but he has done a great job for us this year. His only miss was right down the middle but just a little short. Unlike Ghost though, my stomach still clenches up every time he walks on to the field.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!