Thread: What's the Dream NFL SuperBowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

What's the Dream NFL SuperBowl?

What matchup do you think the NFL wants this year in the SuperBowl?

Here's the teams I think could be interesting in the AFC:

Pit, NE, Den, Indy, Balt, Hou

And the NFC:

NYG, Was, GB, Atl, SF, Chi

So what's best for the NFL?

Manning vs Manning?
    RG3 vs Luck?
    Brady vs Rogers?
    Harbaugh vs Harbaugh?
    Hou vs Atl and the new powerhouses?

If Vince McMahon ran the NFL, he'd make a lot of hype out or Pit vs NO since Goodell seems to hate those 2 teams the most.

There's some good teams in here, but I don't think people want to see bad QBs. They don't want to see old QBs. They don't want premature QBs?

So that leaves 3 guys left imho, Ben and Eli or Rogers.

We already had Ben vs Rogers. A rematch may be in order. It's the 2 most rabid fan bases on the planet. It's probably the 2 best QBs.

But why not intro a new story line. Ben vs Eli. Same draft class. Same number of SuperBowl rings. At least one big market to go with a small market team might be better for ratings.

This could be the perfect SuperBowl. The SuperBowl of the clutch QBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the NFL would be thrilled with either a Manning Bowl or a Harbaugh Bowl...they love to play up that brother vs. brother angle and show shots of their parents in the stands 500 times during the game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know about the NFL, but my dream Super Bowl match-up is between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Carolina Panthers.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh versus the NY Giants. Rooney versus Mara. Ben versus Eli.

That would be a great Super Boawl
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers vs Cowboys would put the ratings through the roof.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Steelers vs Cowboys would put the ratings through the roof.
    True. But Steelers vs. anyone puts ratings pretty high.

It's pretty wide open in the AFC at this point. A lot would have to come together for us to make it all the way again, including shaking off the injury bug. But it can happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    True. But Steelers vs. anyone puts ratings pretty high.

It's pretty wide open in the AFC at this point. A lot would have to come together for us to make it all the way again, including shaking off the injury bug. But it can happen.
    We've not looked like a Super Bowl team at any point during this season, IMO. The fact that we're still talking about making the Super Bowl shows how much parity has changed the NFL. The Miami friggin' Dolphins have just as much reason for championship hopes as we do, at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    We've not looked like a Super Bowl team at any point during this season, IMO. The fact that we're still talking about making the Super Bowl shows how much parity has changed the NFL. The Miami friggin' Dolphins have just as much reason for championship hopes as we do, at this point.
    When the Steelers won it all in 2005 it didn't look like there was really any reason to think they'd be champs midway through the year. Heck, the Giants couldn't beat the RGIII-less Redskins last year. It's all a matter of staying in the hunt and catching fire at the right time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure if it matters as much for the NFL, but baseball always like a big market, especially the NY market. Steelers/Giants, Ben v. Eli would get great ratings, but I'm not sure the NFL wants Ben highlighting the event.

Not sure the NFL would want a third rematch of NYG v. NE, so I'm going to say Giants/Denver and the Manning Bowl would probably be their preference.