Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

....look at who was still out there at the same point in the draft.

Not overwhelming me with players any better than him. As a matter of fact, a lot of the dudes taken after are already out of football.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2009[/url]

Shady McCoy, Phil Loadholt, not much more than that. So, in hindsight, he wasn't such a bad pick considering who else was still available.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most wanted Animal Jr. there

james+and+joe.jpg
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/profile[/url]

This guy has been OK, nothing great.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would gladly take LeSean McCoy over Ziggy...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I was a huge Alex Mack guy that year. It killed me when Cleveland traded down 14 times in the first round and took him. I also thought Jarron Gilbert was a guy with some intriguing potential (so that shows what I know).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

james+and+joe.jpg
    How in the heck did I not know that was Animal's son? I used to love the Road Warriors as a kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

james+and+joe.jpg
    Agreed. Even Laurinaitis, in a post draft interview, thought he was going to be a Steeler when he fell to the end of the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I remember thinking eric wood was going to be a kind of sneaky pick.

buffalo may have surprised us there as he was generally rated late 1st-mid 2nd.

that was a weak draft in that area, no doubt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/profile[/URL]

This guy has been OK, nothing great.
    We don't draft white LB's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We don't draft white LB's.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha