Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

....look at who was still out there at the same point in the draft.

Not overwhelming me with players any better than him. As a matter of fact, a lot of the dudes taken after are already out of football.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2009[/url]

Shady McCoy, Phil Loadholt, not much more than that. So, in hindsight, he wasn't such a bad pick considering who else was still available.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most wanted Animal Jr. there

james+and+joe.jpg
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

james+and+joe.jpg
    How in the heck did I not know that was Animal's son? I used to love the Road Warriors as a kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

james+and+joe.jpg
    Agreed. Even Laurinaitis, in a post draft interview, thought he was going to be a Steeler when he fell to the end of the first round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/profile[/url]

This guy has been OK, nothing great.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/profile[/URL]

This guy has been OK, nothing great.
    We don't draft white LB's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I knew someone would pull this out. When was this? Olsavsky & Green the only others? What draft grade did we have on Lee? Sorry, but it will take a while to let that one go.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 10-23-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

IWhat draft grade did we have on Lee? Sorry, but it will take a while to let that one go.
    this might help you to let it go:

Sources: Sean Lee to have surgery

Updated: October 24, 2012,
    By Ed Werder and Todd Archer | ESPN.com

Sean Lee's season is over.

The Cowboys' inside linebacker will have surgery on his right big toe, according to sources, with a full recovery expected for 2013. The Cowboys feared Lee would need surgery but had held out a slim hope of a comeback but by late Tuesday, those hopes were extinguished.

The Cowboys are deep at the linebacker position but defensive co-captain Sean Lee's contributions are irreplaceable, Dan Graziano writes. Blog

Running back Felix Jones had a similar surgery in 2008 and has not had any issues with the toe since.

Lee suffered the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's win at Carolina. A second MRI on Tuesday confirmed significant ligament damage. He has the most severe case of turf toe with a complete tear.

Some players in the past have been able to play with milder cases of turf toe.

The Cowboys view Lee as a long-time piece to the future of the team, but he has had trouble staying healthy. He almost had his 2011 season come to an end with a dislocated left wrist but managed to miss only one game and played the rest of the season with a cast. He missed two games in 2010 with a hamstring injury after coming in with a knee injury.

Lee leads the Cowboys in tackles with 77 in the first six games, according to the coaches' film. He has two tackles for loss, eight quarterback pressures, one interception, two pass deflections and a forced fumble.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8543999/sources-sean-lee-dallas-cowboys-season-ending-toe-surgery[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I seem to remember a Jerry O., Bryan Hinkle, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Vrable...but maybe you meant with the current regime.