Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward goes deep and crushes Bruce Arians

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward goes deep and crushes Bruce Arians

by Joe Starkey

Hines hasn't offered many strong opinions on NBC, but, man, he crushed Bruce Arians...

Collinsworth spoke of a 'rumor' that the Steelers thought Bruce and Ben were "too close" and that it led to the move at coordinator. He asked Hines, "Do you buy into that?"

Hines answered with surprising candor: "Well, sometimes I think when you get so close, partiality sets it, and you don't know if Bruce Arians is doing what's best for the Steelers or if he's doing what's best for Ben Roethlisberger. And I think that set in. And they had to part ways, because when you go out there and you can't decide what's best for the team, and you're doing what's best for the player, sometimes it can be a problem."

Wow.

Agree or not, credit Hines for going deep.

[URL]http://sulia.com/source/S-38641461/f/6faf1e5d-9ddc-4247-b3e8-47f78a2a0067/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

I didn't see this last night but it's good info to know. I'll never forget the draft the year after Ben's rookie season when reporters asked Cowher what Ben thought of the draft choices and Bill replied with a simple: "Look, I don't know and I don't care"

Legend

User Info Menu

If anyone cared to look the Steelers scoring offense has improved by almost 3 pts per game, moving them from 21st ranked scoring offense in 2011 to 18th this season so far. And this is supposedly with an entirely new offense, and new offensive playcalling.
    Haley's imprint on this offense is unmistakeable already this early in the season. He has made Heath Miller the all-pro he should have been since his first season. I think he has Ben thinking differently in progressions. Haley is exactly what Ben needed to become the force that he has become. Nobody in the NFL is better on 3rd downs, converting on nearly 2 out of 3, and these are no gimmees either with many of them going for 10 yds or more.
    Still there is much room for improvement, primarily putting more TDs on the board instead of field goals. It really hurts when they do not have a run game that defenses have to fear in the red zone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the drops on easy catches didn't happen we hang 40 on the Bungles.

Starter

User Info Menu

this is true
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    And who had those drops? How much should he get paid?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And who had those drops? How much should he get paid?
    Baron Batch?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Sanders and won't mind seeing him get more touches next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hines Ward
    Well, sometimes I think when you get so close, partiality sets it, and you don't know if Bruce Arians is doing what's best for the Steelers or if he's doing what's best for Ben Roethlisberger. And I think that set in. And they had to part ways, because when you go out there and you can't decide what's best for the team, and you're doing what's best for the player, sometimes it can be a problem."
    I think Hines is on the track but missed. I don't think the issue was that Arians couldn't separate what's best for Ben vs. what's best for the team. They're not mutually exclusive. If you do what's best for Ben, you're not hurting the team.

I think the issue is that Arians allowed Ben too much freedom to do what he wanted. THAT was getting Ben killed and it wasn't resulting in enough points being scored. The issue is that Arians' close friendship with Ben was clouding his judgment and was keeping him from doing what's best for Ben AND what's best for the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is anybody going to visit Crash in the hospital? I'm sure those statements from Hines caused him to go over the edge.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!