Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy Hood Not Getting it Done

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood Not Getting it Done

It seemed to me every time focused in to see what Hood was up to, he was getting pushed and generally roughed up all over the field. In my opinion he is the biggest disappointment on what I think is just an average DL. Maybe I got so used to seeing Smith basically stand his guy up that anyone else in comparison looks poor. Just seemed he was a big part of the failed run defense last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

its amazing to me we have a couple of these high priced/highly drafted defensive guys being bigger busts(timmons, wallace) by a large margin over someone like mike wallace and seeing wally get all this criticism

Starter

User Info Menu

Certainly not going to disagree with this. For the past few games I have been wondering why he is even playing.

But in the last Quarter and a half of last nights game even Ziggy Hood seemed to flash a reversal of form.

I don't know what went on at half time in TS lockeroom but it was like a night and day difference in the teams play in most of the 2nd half. No penalties in the 4thQ, the D line was attacking and getting in the face of the QB forcing bad throws, etc. I have no idea what caused this but it was nice to watch. It would be nice to keep this type of focus and intensity going.

Legend

User Info Menu

THink it all started when Colon belly flopped on that Bengal and squished him into the ground
    Last edited by pittpete; 10-22-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why did zingy startlaying better? Because Ryan Clark started coming from weird angles. I think that DL was afraid to leave mundy deep so he left both safeties deep. Now that Allen got in and was doing well, we started bringing weird pressure. That make OL assignments more difficult. Once Mundy came in, we brought Ryan a lot less. The bengals still worried about it though and it helped ziggy keep free more often.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It seemed to me every time focused in to see what Hood was up to, he was getting pushed and generally roughed up all over the field. In my opinion he is the biggest disappointment on what I think is just an average DL. Maybe I got so used to seeing Smith basically stand his guy up that anyone else in comparison looks poor. Just seemed he was a big part of the failed run defense last night.
    I agree it looked like Hood was getting totally handled. There was one play where the OL guy engaged him and seemed to move him a good 3-4 yards. Sheesh!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    THink it all started when Colon belly flopped on that Bengal and squished him into the ground

Had to be one of the funniest plays I have seen in a while, my sides were splitting watching the slo-mo replay of Colon wriggling around on top of the guy....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I noticed Ziggy getting double-teamed a few times. Would like to go back to the tape and check that out more carefully.

I thought that Colon's domination on that guy had a significant effect on the game. Reminds me of how fights change hockey games sometimes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    its amazing to me we have a couple of these high priced/highly drafted defensive guys being bigger busts(timmons, wallace) by a large margin over someone like mike wallace and seeing wally get all this criticism
    If Hood would have not shown up for camp wanting large sums of money and turned down a fair offer he would be getting the same treatment. However, the word in camp was that he became a workout warrior and was doing everything he could to improve himself and when that happens you get a pass of sorts from the fans and media.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

What happened with Hood? For some reason, Zeitler stopped holding him...