Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Fast Guys = Bad Hands?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wallace began dropping passes the 2nd half of last season and has continued to drop more and more as this season progresses. He just seems lazy and unfocused. Even that catch they gave him, where he had the ball roll all over the place, was a gift. He didn't catch that ball. He has done little to refute the assertion that he is a "one trick pony." If you make him have to catch on shorter and medium patterns, he is below average. Out a safety on top, and he's worthless.
    but by forcing other teams to put a safety on top and thus essentially double-team him, isn't Wallace providing value by creating space for other WRs in single coverage to make catches?

Legend
    I was just asking a general question about fast WRs and wasn't thinking about just Wallace although he helps with the case against the really fast guys.

He's always had bad hands. And that's not to say he hasn't made some great catches, but he's caught a lot of balls against his body. He's held on to most, so it's worked out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I believe the almighty Calvin Johnson even dropped a couple of passes last night, including a wide-open sure-thing TD pass (which would have made a difference in a 6 point Lions loss on MNF).
    I thought Charles Tillman played against Megatron as well as any CB I've ever seen against him.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I thought Charles Tillman played against Megatron as well as any CB I've ever seen against him.
    It was certainly interesting how Louisiana-Lafayette, of all places, was able to produce 2 solid NFL calibre CB's in the 2nd and 4th round of the 2003 draft.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It was certainly interesting how Louisiana-Lafayette, of all places, was able to produce 2 solid NFL calibre CB's in the 2nd and 4th round of the 2003 draft.
    And they both shut down arguably the 2 best WRs in the game in back to back prime time games.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Throw Hines in the slow but good hands camp.

Wallace seems to be more interested in being a speed guy that work on his own game.
    He surprised everyone at first with his amazing speed but has never fine tuned his game.
    I can catch a football with no WR Gloves....he should have no problem.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!