Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is The Media That Dumb?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Heath was no more open on his TD catch than he was on the INT...it's just that one of them was a pinpoint accurate laser throw, and the other one, well, not so much.
    Heath could have made that one too IMO. The throw wasn't terrible. It was just a combination of things..

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm not saying the media is smart by any stretch of the imagination.

I will say that Ben should shut his mouth when he knows those comments are not setting a good example and will add fuel to fire. Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing Ben make those type of negative shots because lover boy Arians is gone.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=flippy;529361]Why does the media keep printing half the stuff Big Ben says? It's kinda funny the way he so easily manipulates them.

The Haley/Ben rift is the latest in the line of Big Ben misdirections.]

This Am I Caught a few minutes of ESPN Mike & Mike and Mike Greenberg was bringing up the disunity between Ben & Haley like it was the gospel truth.

Also the guys on 93.7 the Fan (Cook & Vinnie) were really angry about Tomlin's comments about the media.

Tomlin is right to a certain degree because not all media people are there to seek the truth. News sells----it doesn't have to be the truth at all--just "news". So maybe these guys are just sick of it all because the media will continue to write inaccuracies or their perceptions whether right or wrong and it really doesn't matter to how these players/coaches go about their business.

In real life we all have to work with people we may not like, respect, or get along but at the end of the day, we all have to find some way to make it work. Ben may still be a true friend to Arians but he is smart enough to know that he is working in a system that now has a new offensive coordinator and that decision came from the top.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

The only way to dispel this rift myth is to have Haley and Ben show how much they love each other by kissing on camera a la Cowher/Kordell or Porter/Cowher.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Ben likes to play with media..he is just goofing with the media...IMO...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT