Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What triggered the turnaround?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starter

User Info Menu

What triggered the turnaround?

Everywhere you looked today fans were excited by the coming to life of the team especially in the 2nd half. The D was attacking. The O was in sync.

Anyone have any idea of something happening in the 2nd half that might have triggered this change. [Woodley's INT was in the 1st half]

I jokingly gave credit for the change to the Steelers taking a slug of Uncle Richie's magic elixir cure-all at halftime. I tried to post some pictures of those old west medicine man wagons and advertisements from that era but they would not post. That was supposed to be the antidote to that negative post about the Steelers losing a lot of 4thQ leads called Uncle Richies #1 D which was was funny but not too flattering.

But anyway you get the idea. There was a very noticeable change all round in the teams play. What caused it?

Could it have been Uncle Richie's Tonic? The ad did say Transform your sluggish, listless defense into a powerful energetic force instantly blah blah ----

Anybody think of a more logical reason for the turnaround?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Three things were key to stopping drives last night.

1. Ziggy Hood and his bat downs. He did it on 3 separate occasions and it stopped drives
    2. Ike Taylor, he played a great game even with the help over top. It's what we should be doing anyway with teams that have top receivers. Ike played a pretty aggressive game and I think it's because he knew he had a safety valve over top.
    3. Keenan Lewis - also played a strong game and had a couple of huge knock downs that stalled drives

McClendon needs to be rotated in with Hampton and Troy needs to get healthy. If the line can continue to make holes like they did last night (Really just Willie Colon shutting stuff down) we'll continue to win games in the manner that we did last night. It was nice as others have mentioned to finally put a game away by owning the time of possession and running the football.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Collinsworth brought attention to it last night, but when Colon went off on Vontaze Burfict, it seemed to get the offense riled up...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was laughing my ass off with Colon wiggling back and forth on top of Burfict. Sooooo funny.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I was laughing my ass off with Colon wiggling back and forth on top of Burfict. Sooooo funny.
    That was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Man, I have to sympathize with any women who is underneath good ole Willie when he is going at it.

On a side note I was impressed with how well Burfict played. The Bengals might have picked up a winner in the UDFA sweepstakes.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Man, I have to sympathize with any women who is underneath good ole Willie when he is going at it.

On a side note I was impressed with how well Burfict played. The Bengals might have picked up a winner in the UDFA sweepstakes.
    I thought Burfict made 2 or 3 really good plays, but there were plenty of plays where he got the **** blocked out of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Woodley's interception right before halftime that allowed us to go into the locker room tied at 14-14 was the play of the game that completely changed momentum around.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the Woodley play was the turning point of that game for sure. He gave the Steelers the chance to put that start they had behind them and when they went to the locker room tied 14-14, I knew the game was going to be ours. They dominated the Bengals in the 2nd half completely. They need to do a better job of finishing off opponents and putting those closing points on the board but I will take it for now. I think this puts the Steelers right where they need to be going into the next stretch.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    I think the Woodley play was the turning point of that game for sure. He gave the Steelers the chance to put that start they had behind them and when they went to the locker room tied 14-14, I knew the game was going to be ours. They dominated the Bengals in the 2nd half completely. They need to do a better job of finishing off opponents and putting those closing points on the board but I will take it for now. I think this puts the Steelers right where they need to be going into the next stretch.
    An argument could be made that Woodley has better hands than Wallace.