Thread: B.Batch? I don't see it.

Legend

User Info Menu

B.Batch? I don't see it.

I heard great things about this kid before his injury. I know he can paint and has a good head on his shoulders but what else can he do besides run into a lineman's back or uncatch a TD pass? That play made me reevaluate how bad Sweed was at catching a football.

Legend

User Info Menu

That non-catch was such an incredibly ugly thing to put on tape, particularly a Sunday night game with a huge audience. At the time, the only thing I could think of was that maybe he lost it in the stadium lights - it's either that or Collinsworth was right when he said his nerves just got the best of him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    That non-catch was such an incredibly ugly thing to put on tape, particularly a Sunday night game with a huge audience. At the time, the only thing I could think of was that maybe he lost it in the stadium lights - it's either that or Collinsworth was right when he said his nerves just got the best of him.
    I guess Mike Wallace has problems with the Stadium Lights too!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I guess Mike Wallace has problems with the Stadium Lights too!!
    Mike wishes he had that as an excuse. At least Batch's hands never touched the ball. Wallace was butter-fingers most of the night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only his first NFL season, too early to judge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tough, tough ball to not catch and walk untouched into the end zone. If Mendy and Redman are still out next week I'm sure we'll see some more of Batch. Let's see if Haley is wiiling to go back to him and if he can handle it before we judge to harshly ( but @#$%... that was hard to watch go to the ground...)

Legend

User Info Menu

Not just the catch... he isn't impressive as a RB. I've never seen him bounce it outside, find a hole,, etc... everything is in its right up the gut, no gain. I want to see a five or 6 yard gain, a spark, something that says he has potential.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not just the catch... he isn't impressive as a RB. I've never seen him bounce it outside, find a hole,, etc... everything is in its right up the gut, no gain. I want to see a five or 6 yard gain, a spark, something that says he has potential.
    He does enough without the ball, in pass pro and on special teams, that he is worth developing...

Interestingly enough, the games where he touches the ball the most is when he performs the best...in Tenn, he had a 10 yard run and a TD...in Oakland, he caught a couple of passes for 20 yards...

The drop in the wide open field is disheartening, though...

Legend

User Info Menu

I felt really bad for Batch dropping the ball. He is, by all indications, a good kid and a hard worker, and that drop was just so unfortunate for him.

Slapstick is right on with Batch - his versatility is what makes him valuable. I don't think he is a particularly explosive runner, but I can see him carving out a Mewelde Moore type career for himself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow ! that was such a great play call and to have it executed so well and for him to wiff on the play...............sad, very sad. That play along with the Wallace drops, the Steelers could have put the score over the top had all the players mentally showed up.