Thread: Steelers (Fan) Dichotomy

Rookie

User Info Menu

Steelers (Fan) Dichotomy

This team sucks.

Haley sucks. The offense can't score and Ben is terrible.

LeBeau sucks. The only thing older than the Steelers' defense is the Defensive Coordinator.

Tomlin sucks. He can't draft and the discipline of the players falls squarely on his shoulders.

This is a sucky, rebuilding year. The Steelers have no chance....

Huh?

What? We beat the Bengals?

Hell yeah, baby!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND!!! HERE WE GO!!!!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII've got a feelin'...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm with ya....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right now their is only ONE dominant team in the AFC....as for as the contenders it's WIDE OPEN
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This team sucks.

Haley sucks. The offense can't score and Ben is terrible.

LeBeau sucks. The only thing older than the Steelers' defense is the Defensive Coordinator.

Tomlin sucks. He can't draft and the discipline of the players falls squarely on his shoulders.

This is a sucky, rebuilding year. The Steelers have no chance....

Huh?

What? We beat the Bengals?
    The Bengals really suck....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First, that isn't a dichotomy really. A dichotomy is two mutually exclusive groups. You are talking about one group that tends overreact based on wins and loses.

Second, I think most passionate fan bases do this. But, there are plenty on this board who did not freak out over the loses and then become over the moon after the win. I think that is a minority here.

Yours in Black and Gold,
    Steelblood
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had a chance to listen to Mike and Mike for about 5 seconds today and one of the Mikes suggested that the Steelers could be one of those teams that just hits their stride at the right time. Right now the Steelers are sloppy and undisciplined, but I think all the pieces are there, it's just a matter of putting them together.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I had a chance to listen to Mike and Mike for about 5 seconds today and one of the Mikes suggested that the Steelers could be one of those teams that just hits their stride at the right time. Right now the Steelers are sloppy and undisciplined, but I think all the pieces are there, it's just a matter of putting them together.
    If, and this is a big if, the offensive line can stay healthy and get some continuity going the offense will look a lot smoother than it has. Last night was a pretty good look into what they can do when they are on the same page (at least in the second half and the last drive of the first half). Dwyer was either making the first tackler miss or running through tackles last night and that was good to see. I hope he can continue down this path. when I saw him run through Peko's tackle late in the game I got amped. I haven't seen something like that in a long time.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    First, that isn't a dichotomy really. A dichotomy is two mutually exclusive groups. You are talking about one group that tends overreact based on wins and loses.

Second, I think most passionate fan bases do this. But, there are plenty on this board who did not freak out over the loses and then become over the moon after the win. I think that is a minority here.

Yours in Black and Gold,
    Steelblood
    It's more our schizophrenia.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post

Yours in Black and Gold,
    Steelblood
    Perhaps a minority of posters, but not a minority of posts...

You are correct about the word dichotomy, but that was part of the joke: Fans divided into two mutually exclusive groups but then switching from one to the other based upon game results from week to week...

As Flippy so eloquently stated, it is stereotypical schizophrenia (meaning multiple personality disorder)...