Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dwyer DOES kind of look like Bettis when he runs!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Don't buy into the rhetoric too much. On some plays, he made blocks that he should make. It is not like he owned anybody. Geno Atkins threw his 400-pound carcass around too you know.

Dwyer is what he is... very impressive, when he is healthy and motivated. But he still doesn't show the heart/drive that one wants to see. AGAIN... he breaks off a nice run, and he's tapping on his helmet for someone to spell him...

THIS IS YOUR BIG SHOT. #1 and #2 were OUT. It is your chance to take the bull by the horns. Now, his numbers do say that he had a nice game still, but it certainly couldve been more.
    While he has put a spark in the running game, this is still my problem with Dwyer and where the Bus comparison doesn't work. He needs to work on his endurance (like some HIIT training). After a decent run, he seems to always want and need a breather. Though this is less of an issue if Mendenhall and/or Redman are 100% healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Dwyer's running style and the way he chews up yards. His style is the type that frustrates defense because he gets consistent yardage with some decent sized runs mixed in. He makes yards after contact and can turn a decent run into a big play by running through a tackle. It appears he'll get the call against the Giants provided the injury doesn't keep him out of the game. Another solid performance against the G-men would be great and certainly put the Steelers in a position to win the game.

Don't hate on Dwyer because of things said by pundits and scouts, watch what he's doing and celebrate the consistency he's brought to the game the past two weeks.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sorry but the only similarity that I see between Dwyer and Bettis are their uniforms (except last weekend).
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Bettis had that "won't be denied" element to every one of his runs. While Dwyer has shown much improvement, I don't see the same attitude on every run and he gets dinged up way more than Bettis did. Seems Dwyer is alway on the injury list or pulls out of the game for some ailment or other. At the same age, Bettis was way more ready and reliable than Dwyer. But, Bettis isn't on the team, so Dwyer is the man now.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Maybe it's just me but I have to see a BUNCH more before Dwyer should be in comparison with a future HOFer in Bettis.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is a nice prolem to have with all the good/great runninbacks on our team. Mendnhall, Dwyer, Redman, Rainy. Yep, I bet many teams would love to have any of the three or four of our guys. I still believe Mendnhall is the cream of the crop.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000088632/article/jonathan-dwyer-validating-pittsburgh-steelers-faith-in-him"]Jonathan Dwyer validating Pittsburgh Steelers' faith in him[/URL]