Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Dwyer DOES kind of look like Bettis when he runs!

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He has a good game because the OL was blowing people up...especially Colon. Shoot Adams even had some nice blocks.
    Hell yes...our O-Line was fantastic. Cut down on holding (injuring our own players).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  2. #12
    I give him credit for a good game, but the Bus comparison is a little lofty. Bus had an extra gear when he made it into the open field, and some surreal moves for such a big man. Maybe it is because he has run only behind the Steelers O line, but Dwyer almost seemed shocked when he made it into open field.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    I've been anti-Dwyer for many reasons, but I will give him mad props today. I think there were more opportunities there against this D and the line was great, but he made things happen and wasn't easy to tackle like I've seen in the past from him after a few carries.
    I'm not anointing him anything, but if guys are hurt another week...I wouldn't mind seeing him get a full game of carries again.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dwyer had a great game... I hope he builds on it.
    Well said. He has shown flashes, but I'd like to see him build from this and add some consistency going forward. I think think the Steelers will be best served with Mendenhall starting and Dwyer/Redman in a complimentary role.

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,495
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I give him credit for a good game, but the Bus comparison is a little lofty. Bus had an extra gear when he made it into the open field, and some surreal moves for such a big man. Maybe it is because he has run only behind the Steelers O line, but Dwyer almost seemed shocked when he made it into open field.
    I think the Bus comparison here stems from the Chat room last night where I noted how Dwyer, who supposedly came into camp this year in the best condition of his life (unlike previous years), still seemed like he was carrying a Bus gut.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,241
    Dwyer is starting to win me over but I'm not quite there yet. Sure he had a great game but after running twenty yards and then basically falling over forward he tapped out of the game. In a pre-season game, Redman, carried the ball 8 straight times with the last carry going for thirty yards and he tapped out of the game. Redman caught a rash of crap for that and was in Tomlins doghouse because of it.

    Dwyer has finally shown me he has talent. Now he has to show me he has heart.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Dwyer is starting to win me over but I'm not quite there yet. Sure he had a great game but after running twenty yards and then basically falling over forward he tapped out of the game. In a pre-season game, Redman, carried the ball 8 straight times with the last carry going for thirty yards and he tapped out of the game. Redman caught a rash of crap for that and was in Tomlins doghouse because of it.

    Dwyer has finally shown me he has talent. Now he has to show me he has heart.
    Are you talking about the ONE instance where he tried to make contact with the defensive back and the back pulled back enough to make him go to the ground? It was the only time I saw him fall forward in a manner that made him APPEAR gassed. He was all talent and heart IMO last night.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,381
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think the Bus comparison here stems from the Chat room last night where I noted how Dwyer, who supposedly came into camp this year in the best condition of his life (unlike previous years), still seemed like he was carrying a Bus gut.
    I had this feeling Collinsworth was in chat last night. Almost everything discussed in chat made it's way to him. You commented about Dwyer looking like the Bus. The Chris talked about the same thing.

    We were all complaining about Rainey up the middle and Chris mentions how the Bengals are daring the Steelers to run Rainey up the middle by changing their D when he's in the backfield.

    It was like CC was repeating or responding to everything typed. Although I was surprised he didn't acknowledge 50 Shades of Jooser as the key to our victory.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I had this feeling Collinsworth was in chat last night. Almost everything discussed in chat made it's way to him. You commented about Dwyer looking like the Bus. The Chris talked about the same thing.

    We were all complaining about Rainey up the middle and Chris mentions how the Bengals are daring the Steelers to run Rainey up the middle by changing their D when he's in the backfield.

    It was like CC was repeating or responding to everything typed. Although I was surprised he didn't acknowledge 50 Shades of Jooser as the key to our victory.
    Hush! What happens in Chat stays in Chat, right? You're going to make you-know-who blush again !


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,858
    Right on Flippy, I bet Collinsworth was Invisible....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •