Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: This Is LeBeau's Defense When The Playmakers Aren't Healthy...

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    This Is LeBeau's Defense When The Playmakers Aren't Healthy...

    Did they get a ton of sacks? No...

    Did they cause a bunch of turnovers? No...

    But...did they give up big plays? A big fat no...

    If the Steelers can play sound defense like they did for most of this game (Green-Ellis had some big runs, but still finished with an average less than 4 per carry) and maintian their gaps, they will be able to survive until Harrison is playing better and Polamalu is healthy...

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,963
    They took away AJ Green and it crippled Cincy.
    Doesnt take a genius, just saying

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,578
    In the past a guy like Gresham would gash us. Timmons played well against him.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  4. #4
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    In the past a guy like Gresham would gash us. Timmons played well against him.
    Timmons played well again, finishing with 11 tackles.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They took away AJ Green and it crippled Cincy.
    Doesnt take a genius, just saying
    They also pressured Dalton until the suck came out of him...not sacks, but pressure...forcing him into bad throws...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They also pressured Dalton until the suck came out of him...not sacks, but pressure...forcing him into bad throws...

    LMAO...until the suck came out of him....awesome

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They took away AJ Green and it crippled Cincy.
    Doesnt take a genius, just saying
    Doesn't take a genious, but nobody else has been able to stop Green this year.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Doesn't take a genious, but nobody else has been able to stop Green this year.
    This is true. Wasn't he the AFC leader in receiving yards?

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is true. Wasn't he the AFC leader in receiving yards?
    1. @ BAL 5-70-0
    2. v. CLE 7-58-1
    3. @ WAS 9-183-1
    4. @ JAX 6-117-1
    5. v. MIA 9-65-1
    6. @ CLE 7-135-2
    7. v. PIT 1-8-1

    One of these things is not like the other...

    After the disaster that was last week, you've got to give Ike props for last night. A.J. Green is 10 times the player that Kenny Britt is, but Ike bounced back from a historically bad performance against Britt to helping to eliminate Cincy's top weapon in a huge division game.


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1. @ BAL 5-70-0
    2. v. CLE 7-58-1
    3. @ WAS 9-183-1
    4. @ JAX 6-117-1
    5. v. MIA 9-65-1
    6. @ CLE 7-135-2
    7. v. PIT 1-8-1

    One of these things is not like the other...

    After the disaster that was last week, you've got to give Ike props for last night. A.J. Green is 10 times the player that Kenny Britt is, but Ike bounced back from a historically bad performance against Britt to helping to eliminate Cincy's top weapon in a huge division game.
    How much better did Ike play, vs. how much was simply the difference in him having safety help over the top? I'd say the safety help was MOST of the difference, and how we should play the top WR each week.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •