Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Is LeBeau's Defense When The Playmakers Aren't Healthy...

Legend

User Info Menu

When Lebeau's D is working, he reminds me of a top major league pitcher. Sometimes you'll get an early run of a great pitcher, but then they find their grove, no more runs. Until they hit their pitch count of course. And the offense TOP can keep them from hitting their pitch count.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1. @ BAL 5-70-0
    2. v. CLE 7-58-1
    3. @ WAS 9-183-1
    4. @ JAX 6-117-1
    5. v. MIA 9-65-1
    6. @ CLE 7-135-2
    7. v. PIT 1-8-1

One of these things is not like the other...

After the disaster that was last week, you've got to give Ike props for last night. A.J. Green is 10 times the player that Kenny Britt is, but Ike bounced back from a historically bad performance against Britt to helping to eliminate Cincy's top weapon in a huge division game.
    How much better did Ike play, vs. how much was simply the difference in him having safety help over the top? I'd say the safety help was MOST of the difference, and how we should play the top WR each week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Speaking of waiting till Deebo gets healthy ...

What do you guys think about that graphic where they showed he could only bend at 30 degrees instead of 50 degrees? It looked like an impressive analysis, but made me wonder if it was just marketing snake-oil graphics -- interesting-looking but totally not significant ... ?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    How much better did Ike play, vs. how much was simply the difference in him having safety help over the top? I'd say the safety help was MOST of the difference, and how we should play the top WR each week.
    Most corners get safety help most of the time against top receivers. It is not like other teams single up the AJ Greens, Calvin Johnsons and Fitz's of the world. The most interesting thing about this is that this game the Steelers gave Ike help against a #1. Shows how much more responsibility he has than almost every other corner in the league.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

What do you guys think about that graphic where they showed he could only bend at 30 degrees instead of 50 degrees? It looked like an impressive analysis, but made me wonder if it was just marketing snake-oil graphics -- interesting-looking but totally not significant ... ?
    I saw that and it made sense to me. When he was over at 30 degrees you could see the torque the knee would have to take. Not nearly as much when he was only over to 60 degrees (I think).

It did seem that the pass rush improved as the game went on. We seemed to get pretty consistent pressure on Dalton in the 4th quarter.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

I didn't know what to make of it and would be interested in others' takes. I was thinking you could probably catch guys at all sorts of angles going after the QB. And they just grabbed some pics to support their theory.

I'd be interested in a baseline of other guys and more quantity of data than a few pass rushes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Did they get a ton of sacks? No...

Did they cause a bunch of turnovers? No...

But...did they give up big plays? A big fat no...

If the Steelers can play sound defense like they did for most of this game (Green-Ellis had some big runs, but still finished with an average less than 4 per carry) and maintian their gaps, they will be able to survive until Harrison is playing better and Polamalu is healthy...
    Do you really think Harrison will play better and Troy will get and then stay healthy? Harrison's knee isn't going to get better playing on it every week. LeBeau needs to figure a way to use him as a decoy and send some other players after the QB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Do you really think Harrison will play better and Troy will get and then stay healthy? Harrison's knee isn't going to get better playing on it every week. LeBeau needs to figure a way to use him as a decoy and send some other players after the QB.
    I thought Deebo was starting to get some pressure on the QB by the end of the game. So was Keisel which might have been the first time I've noticed him in a good way all year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I thought Deebo was starting to get some pressure on the QB by the end of the game. So was Keisel which might have been the first time I've noticed him in a good way all year.
    Harrison also got some decent pressure coming up the middle on an earlier rush, and later in the game I believe that the holding call against the Bengals was for holding Harrison.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like having him cover Jared Cook at the end of the Titans game instead of rushing the passer?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.