Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running straight at FAT BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It DOES matter... we can't rely on every teams starting center getting hurt and a light in the a$$ backup replacing him so Halton can look half decent. Now if you mean it doesn't matter because we won this game then I agree... I feel no pity when a team has to use a backup but IMO Hampton shouldn't be out there as much this year.... and I've been a big Hampton fan for years.
    It doesn't matter because injuries are a part of the game...he beat the guy lined up across from him...Atkins and Peko did not...both were backup centers...

The Bengals ran over the right side quite a bit. They seemed to really be targeting Ziggy Hood in the run game. I saw one play where Hampton did get turned out of the hole by the backup center, but otherwise, Collingsworth repeatedly commented that the center could not handle Hampton. I will be interested to watch a replay and see if that is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Bengals ran over the right side quite a bit. They seemed to really be targeting Ziggy Hood in the run game. I saw one play where Hampton did get turned out of the hole by the backup center, but otherwise, Collingsworth repeatedly commented that the center could not handle Hampton. I will be interested to watch a replay and see if that is accurate.
    They ran to the right to start off the game, but the Steelers' D adjusted and it became ineffective...Green-Ellis finished with less than 4 YpC, and if you had told me that's how the game would end up after the 1st quarter, I wouldn't have believed you...