Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: As long as Larry Foote is at ILB for the Steelers...

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534

    As long as Larry Foote is at ILB for the Steelers...

    .. opposing teams are going to run right at the middle of this defense. And they will have success. Foote can't even come off of a block from a fullback.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  2. #2
    Foote is not a great player. He's a liability in coverage, and yes, sometimes he's taken out of plays too easily. If we get a chance to get a better ILB, I hope we take it.

    That said, he's not the biggest problem with this D (you speak as though he is). If the guys playing in front of him weren't sucking so bad, I think Foote might even look a little better.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,092
    from Ed Bouchette's latest chat:

    Comment From War18
    Ed, Larry Foote has played pretty darn good for a guy that is supposed to be done, are you surprised at his play?

    Ed Bouchette: No, I've always thought Foote was underrated on a defense with a lot of good players on it. He leads the team in solo tackles, total tackles, has four QB pressurs and leads with two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ouchettes-chat

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    from Ed Bouchette's latest chat:

    Comment From War18
    Ed, Larry Foote has played pretty darn good for a guy that is supposed to be done, are you surprised at his play?

    Ed Bouchette: No, I've always thought Foote was underrated on a defense with a lot of good players on it. He leads the team in solo tackles, total tackles, has four QB pressurs and leads with two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ouchettes-chat
    I've been wondering about this too. From what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much) I haven't noticed Foote being that big of a liability at all.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I've been wondering about this too. From what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much) I haven't noticed Foote being that big of a liability at all.
    Agreed- I haven't seen that either. Nothing that I have seen has made me think he's spectacularly bad.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,496
    This is coming from a guy who thought Cedric Wilson was an great WR.

    Larry Foote is definately a bright spot on our defense this year.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This is coming from a guy who thought Cedric Wilson was an great WR.

    Larry Foote is definately a bright spot on our defense this year.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might wanna get facts straight. It was Steelers43 who was the Cedric Wilson fan. Not me. In fact I was the one who was adamant about drafting a WR because of stiffs like Cedric Wilson. Remember the whole Mike Williams thing?

    If you or anyone else can't see that opposing teams are having success running right through the middle of the Steelers then I dont know what to say. Larry Foote is no where to be found at the point of attack. He is getting beaten rather easily. And as this season goes longer and the opponents get better this ugliness will rear it's head even more so.

    We got you down as a Larry Foote bright spot guy.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  8. #8
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,112
    I'm not going to say Foote is a 'bright spot' but I do think he is a solid player ... not great but not bad either.

    I think we have bigger problems to worry about than Larry Foote
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,756
    The play of defensive line is the cause for a poor running defense. Hampton no longer demands a double team and Hood has been a disappointment as well. Keisel is doing ok, but not standing out.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The play of defensive line is the cause for a poor running defense. Hampton no longer demands a double team and Hood has been a disappointment as well. Keisel is doing ok, but not standing out.
    If you watch the tape of the game versus the Bengals and on their opening drive how they ran right at the center of the Steelers defense you will see twice Larry Foote was driven backwards by the Bengal fullback. That has nothing to do with the D-lineman in front of him. This want an O-lineman that engulfed him. It was a fullback. A player that the ILB should be able to fight off. Yet Foote was flat out dominated.

    As this season goes on this is going to be a greater problem for this team. What some dont think is a greater problem for this team I believe will be later down the stretch post season should they get there.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •