Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As long as Larry Foote is at ILB for the Steelers...

Legend

User Info Menu

Foote is certainly more consistent than Timmons. Timmons goes on a tear for a game or two, then seems to disappear. Foote doesn't have unusual speed or strength, but he fills his role well with the Steelers. I agree with others, he is not the biggest problem on the D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If you watch the tape of the game versus the Bengals and on their opening drive how they ran right at the center of the Steelers defense you will see twice Larry Foote was driven backwards by the Bengal fullback. That has nothing to do with the D-lineman in front of him. This want an O-lineman that engulfed him. It was a fullback. A player that the ILB should be able to fight off. Yet Foote was flat out dominated.

As this season goes on this is going to be a greater problem for this team. What some dont think is a greater problem for this team I believe will be later down the stretch post season should they get there.
    Regardless of what is happeningto the LB's, which I know is very important to our run D, our DL isnt taking up their space. Foote does need to come off a block from a FB, but we need our NT to demand a double team and if that double team isnt given, that NT needs to make a play himself. Big Snack has lost it and we need to have someone find it. The same with our Ends...Hood isnt the answer. I'd like to see McClendon be given a chance to replace Casey. We need to find someone to replace Farrior too.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might wanna get facts straight. It was Steelers43 who was the Cedric Wilson fan. Not me. In fact I was the one who was adamant about drafting a WR because of stiffs like Cedric Wilson. Remember the whole Mike Williams thing?

If you or anyone else can't see that opposing teams are having success running right through the middle of the Steelers then I dont know what to say. Larry Foote is no where to be found at the point of attack. He is getting beaten rather easily. And as this season goes longer and the opponents get better this ugliness will rear it's head even more so.

We got you down as a Larry Foote bright spot guy.
    Aren't you the guy from the TribLive Board who said he was Cedric Wilson's Cousin???
    I could be wrong....u played college football somewhere in Tennesee??? Fullback??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hood, Hampton, Foote, and Timmons have all struggled at times vs the run (and too often at the same time). The only time I've seen Casey look good was when the Bengals brought in that undersized back up center last week when Faine got hurt.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Aren't you the guy from the TribLive Board who said he was Cedric Wilson's Cousin???
    I could be wrong....u played college football somewhere in Tennesee??? Fullback??
    I do vaguely remember the guy who claimed to be Wilson's cousin, but I don't think it was Dub.

It's a shame those old Triblive boards weren't archived somewhere. Good times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

yeah, and we could then better discuss "Wickerbasket" LeBeau...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I do vaguely remember the guy who claimed to be Wilson's cousin, but I don't think it was Dub.

He called Cedrick Wilson C-Dubs and himself ??-Dubs.
    Man, i'd love to be totally bored outta my mind and find some Trib Live Archives!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    He called Cedrick Wilson C-Dubs and himself ??-Dubs.
    Man, i'd love to be totally bored outta my mind and find some Trib Live Archives!!
    Nope! You got the wrong guy. I was Steelers-for-life (SFL), over at the Trib.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nope! You got the wrong guy. I was Steelers-for-life (SFL), over at the Trib.
    Oh Wow!!! I am soooo sorry b/c I know there were a few times I took jabs at you thinking you were C'Dubs Cousin. LoL!!