Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli does it again..

I'd rather have the offense close out the game like last night than have to come from behind to win it late. The last drive last night was a thing of beauty, between Ben converting thirds into firsts and Dwyer having his way running the rock. That drive is every bit as impressive as a come from behind drive; it won't get the publicity, because it didn't change the scoreboard in any fashion.

Give me that all day, every day over having to put together a 2 minute drill to win. This was a 4 minute drill that was as impressive as a comeback drive. Killing 4 minutes and keeping the defense on the sideline is a good thing.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What the???? Of course it would be "defense blows it again if it happened to us" lol...

You just blamed the Redskins D!!!

Nothing wrong with loving your team but one shouldn't abandon common sense while doing it.
    My point is not that the D should not receive the blame, I just find it funny that Eli is receiving the accolades when all he did was toss a rainbow in the direction of a guy who was so far open, even after slowing down he wasn't even close to being touched by the D.