Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Says "Haley's Offense is....

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Says "Haley's Offense is....

.....kinda dink and dunk."

Ben Roethlisberger: Todd Haley’s offense is “dink-and-dunk”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 21, 2012, 7:52 AM EDT
    AP
    The questions about whether Steelers quarterback [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger"]Ben Roethlisberger[/URL] can get along with first-year offensive coordinator Todd Haley are continuing, and Roethlisberger has made some comments that suggest that he’s not altogether happy with the playcalling in Pittsburgh.

Asked if the Steelers can get more big plays offensively, Roethlisberger suggested that big plays are going to be hard to come by with the way Haley runs the show.

[URL="http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2793755-85/offense-roethlisberger-steelers-ben-quarterback-score-season-starkey-haley-afc#axzz29vuUFmNd"]Haley’s offense is not a big-play offense[/URL],” Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It’s kind of a dink-and-dunk offense.”
    Roethlisberger noted that the Steelers got a big play in Tennessee when he threw an 82-yard touchdown pass to [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace"]Mike Wallace[/URL], but that Haley didn’t call any more deep balls to Wallace after that.

“There’s a guy calling the plays. That’s on him,” Roethlisberger said.

If the quarterback and the guy calling the plays aren’t on the same page, that’s a problem for the Steelers.

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From what I see BEN's is having his best season so far....especially when it comes to 300 yard passing games!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, this Haley/Ben garbage is getting old.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Sid. Ben looks to be upright, healthy, and statistically having a terrific season. Sounds like someone needs his diaper changed.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is not seeing the forest because of the trees. What Haley is done is make Ben play to his abilities and not try to be a QB he isn't. He isn't John Elway and can't throw that good.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

In my opinion, I think Ben can throw just as good if not better than Elway. If we had a better offensive line, it would be noticed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree Sid. Ben looks to be upright, healthy, and statistically having a terrific season. Sounds like someone needs his diaper changed.
    x2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    In my opinion, I think Ben can throw just as good if not better than Elway. If we had a better offensive line, it would be noticed.
    BUT we don't have a better OL. Arians pretended that wasn't a problem and let Ben do what he wanted. Haley recognizes the problem and has adjusted which is the sign of a good coach
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's still being successful because of Ben. He's still being heroic on 3rd downs.

The difference is Haley seems to be calling plays to help the weak Oline and keep Ben alive for 3rd down. And if we can get some wins and sneak into the playoffs, Ben being healthy could be all we really need.

Rookie

User Info Menu

All these weapons and yet we throw a 3rd down screen pass to a backup running back in the red zone in Tennessee.

2nd down in the red zone in the same game? We throw a fade to a rookie fullback and leave Wallace AND Brown on the sidelines.

Not smart.

Can't blame the alleged weapons at WR when they aren't using them.

Keeping Ben clean to go 8-8 isn't good.