Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Checking out sack stats...I find this interesting...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just cause you would lose in a fight with DL too, you resort to this

I have a hard time putting this all on DL given his track record of success and what I see from the players on the field. The whole DLine is getting redirected and controlled at the LOS. The LBs aren't getting any pressure or big plays. And Ike can't cover anyone. We're losing 1 on 1 battles all over the field. The lack of talent is very apparent.

I hold the players more accountable. And the drafting of the guys on the current roster.
    And DL has no say in who is drafted for his "legendary" defense? You really that blinded by LeBeau hype to believe that someone of his reputation, supposedly "legendary" talent and experience has no influence in the draft room and poor Coach LeBeau is just a victim of circumstances and all those who are doing him wrong by taking the wrong players? WOW!!!!

If anything you are making a case that the players have carried him and with the players gone he has been exposed. Is that what you are really saying but not wanting to say?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just cause you would lose in a fight with DL too, you resort to this

I have a hard time putting this all on DL given his track record of success and what I see from the players on the field. The whole DLine is getting redirected and controlled at the LOS. The LBs aren't getting any pressure or big plays. And Ike can't cover anyone. We're losing 1 on 1 battles all over the field. The lack of talent is very apparent.

I hold the players more accountable. And the drafting of the guys on the current roster.
    Poor prospect evaluation has been the biggest issue, but DL's refusal to bench his vets is another. It simply should not take 2 or 3 seasons for a first round pick to get playing time on a regular basis.

Some will argue that we had great vets so no need to play young guys. Well we drafted Ziggy in 2009 and then re-signed Keisel in the fall of 2009. It doesn't take grooming to play 3-4 DE. And now we have a subpar Keisel blocking Heyward.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 10-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And DL has no say in who is drafted for his "legendary" defense? You really that blinded by LeBeau hype to believe that someone of his reputation, supposedly "legendary" talent and experience has no influence in the draft room and poor Coach LeBeau is just a victim of circumstances and all those who are doing him wrong by taking the wrong players? WOW!!!!

If anything you are making a case that the players have carried him and with the players gone he has been exposed. Is that what you are really saying but not wanting to say?
    You read a little too much into that. Of course DL has influence on who we draft. So I hold him accountable. It's hard to know who is ultimately responsible for each player beyond Colbert/Tomlin who have to balance out the whole team.

What we do know - DL's system has worked, we've lost our best players to injury, the players on the field are getting beat 1 on 1, and the young guys aren't stepping up and making the impact we need from them. I also haven't noticed this fall off in aggressive play calling - we still bring a lot of guys, but just aren't winning the battles.

I think it's a fair question to ask why young guys aren't being worked into the system faster? I also think it's fair to question the quality of players we've drafted.

But I'm not seeing anything that's age related. DL still seems to be the same guy he's been in the past. DL's system has always been about being sound and not giving up the big plays. I don't see this big change in DL. I do see a difference in the player's ability to execute.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet if some random guy kicked the crap out of DL, they may end up having to deal with James Harrison.

So unless you're Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, or David Hasselhoff, you probably should leave DL alone
    LeBeau is 75 years old. Chuck Norris is 72. Seagal and Hasselhoff are both 60.

They'll tell you to get off their lawn, beat you with their canes, and ride off on their jazzy scooters (and maybe try to eat a cheeseburger off the floor).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    LeBeau is 75 years old. Chuck Norris is 72. Seagal and Hasselhoff are both 60.

They'll tell you to get off their lawn, beat you with their canes, and ride off on their jazzy scooters (and maybe try to eat a cheeseburger off the floor).
    I was gonna bring Dirty Harry into the mix, but figured he might be overly occupied with his chair these days.

This is totally off topic, but I thought it would be really cool to do another Expendables type movie but with even older actors - Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, etc. And these super old guys kick butt and take names. And we find out in the end, they're just fighting their own dementia so it's not as stupid a movie as the Expendables. We let these guys go out with dignity unlike Stallone and his band of goofballs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hasselhoff
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Hasselhoff
    how did David Hasselhoff's name get included into that elite group of tough guys?

I would kick his drunken behind with my left arm tied behind my back...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    how did David Hasselhoff's name get included into that elite group of tough guys?

I would kick his drunken behind with my left arm tied behind my back...

No one messes with the Hoff. Unlike these other so called tough guys, the Hoff is the real deal. After his role as Michael Knight, everyone gave up with messing with him.

He'd do a number on you just like he's doing to that burger.

Why do you think Steven Segal became a cop? So he can try to get shot in the face and come back as the next field agent for Knight Industries. He wants to follow the Hoff's footsteps. Either that or he just likes eating donuts now.

Legend

User Info Menu

No one messes with the Hoff. Unlike these other so called tough guys, the Hoff is the real deal. After his role as Michael Knight, everyone gave up with messing with him.

He'd do a number on you just like he's doing to that burger.

are you sure?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    are you sure?

Definitely sure. Now that we're both blind.