Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking out sack stats...I find this interesting...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think LeBeau's problem for awhile now is that he plays not to lose...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think LeBeau's problem for awhile now is that he plays not to lose...
    And, it didn't hurt to have a healthy Polamalu, Harrison, Aaron Smith, and James Farrior, just sayin.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We have 11 sacks. That is very poor for a supposed attacking 3-4 team with the inventor of the zone blitz running the show. One thing I have wondered about Lebeau...can a 70+ year old man really spend the necessary time needed to study his opponent & gameplan accordingly? We heard players say this year that we do the same things year after year, game after game. It seems to me like the only time we really look good on defense is after a bad loss.....does he spend more time in that scenario?
    I bet that 70 yr old man could kick the crap outta you. Just sayin'!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I bet that 70 yr old man could kick the crap outta you. Just sayin'!!
    No disrespect to DL but I would accept that bet. You have no idea who I am.

Secondly, DL's toughness has nothing to do with what I said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe if the old guy is so tough he should put on a uniform and go sack someone because his playcalling isn't helping.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

We have 11 sacks. That is very poor for a supposed attacking 3-4 team with the inventor of the zone blitz running the show. One thing I have wondered about Lebeau...can a 70+ year old man really spend the necessary time needed to study his opponent & gameplan accordingly? We heard players say this year that we do the same things year after year, game after game. It seems to me like the only time we really look good on defense is after a bad loss.....does he spend more time in that scenario?
    Two coordinators needed to leave after last season. Unfortunately we came up one short. Seventy year olds are not receptive to change. That is just a fact of human nature. We need chnage in many ways on defense and as I have been saying LeBeau won't be the guy who does that.

Tomlin should be forcing it but it is a very awkward dynamic when you have a "legend" who is likely well respected but really needs to go but you can't and don't want to embarass them by forcing them out. See Joe Paterno at Penn State.

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet if some random guy kicked the crap out of DL, they may end up having to deal with James Harrison.

So unless you're Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, or David Hasselhoff, you probably should leave DL alone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I bet if some random guy kicked the crap out of DL, they may end up having to deal with James Harrison.

So unless you're Chuck Norris, Steven Segal, or David Hasselhoff, you probably should leave DL alone
    So glad my logical post has dissolved into a theoretical debate regarding my fighting skills against a 70 year old and whether his henchmen could defeat me.

Legend

User Info Menu

So glad my logical post has dissolved into a theoretical debate regarding my fighting skills against a 70 year old and whether his henchmen could defeat me.
    Just new limits some will go to defend and make excuses for DL. Redirection to talk about his toughness and fighting skills not how he is doing his job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just new limits some will go to defend and make excuses for DL. Redirection to talk about his toughness and fighting skills not how he is doing his job.
    Just cause you would lose in a fight with DL too, you resort to this

I have a hard time putting this all on DL given his track record of success and what I see from the players on the field. The whole DLine is getting redirected and controlled at the LOS. The LBs aren't getting any pressure or big plays. And Ike can't cover anyone. We're losing 1 on 1 battles all over the field. The lack of talent is very apparent.

I hold the players more accountable. And the drafting of the guys on the current roster.