Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Bars

Administrator

User Info Menu

Steelers Bars

I just created a page that includes a google map of all Steelers bars in the world.

You can drag the map to different locations around the globe, zoom in/out, etc just like any other google map.

Click on a Steelers bar location and you can get directions to that bar. Check it out:

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/team-info/steelers-bars/[/url]

Note: Access to this page is available on home page main menu.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice Thanks 09

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's awesome, thanks!

I'm going to the Fox and Hounds Pub this Sunday to root on the Black & Gold...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman better start a Steeler bar in Australia some time soon. KiwiSarah has two options for Steeler bars in New Zealand, but there are none whatsoever on the entire Chadcontinent. There are even Steeler bars in places like Qatar and the Azores...step it up, Aussies!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I haven't looked at the list, but as far as I'm concerned, one thing has to be true in order for a sports bar to be considered a Steeler bar: AT THE VERY LEAST, A PLURALITY OF FANS WHO GO THERE MUST BE STEELER FANS. THEY MUST BE, COMFORTABLY, THE LARGEST FAN BASE IN THE BUILDING, IF NOT THE OUTRIGHT MAJORITY. I stopped relying on the Post-Gazette's list after I'd been to several alleged "Steeler bars" in other cities, only to find myself grossly outnumbered.

It's not a Steeler bar simply because the owner of the bar is a Steeler fan. It's not a Steeler bar simply because five or six Steeler fans like to watch the games there every weekend. It's not a Steeler bar simply because it advertises itself as one. It's not a Steeler bar simply because Steeler fans once watched a game there. It's not a Steeler bar simply because some Steeler fans might want it to be.

The only way it is is if Steeler fans have absolute strength in numbers. Fans of other teams are welcome, but they, collectively, must not be a supermajority. If you need an example of what I consider a legitimate Steeler bar, go to Dixie's Tavern in Charlotte, NC. Mostly Steeler fans on game day.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't think we can stake our claim at every sports bar.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Chadman better start a Steeler bar in Australia some time soon.
    The Walkabout Creek Hotel & Steelers Pub
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    The Walkabout Creek Hotel & Steelers Pub
    I would have named it "The Walkabout Crocodile Dundee Kangaroo Jack & Boomerang Creek Hotel & Steelers Barbie Pub and Milk Bar for Sheilas & Blokes"
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would have named it "The Walkabout Crocodile Dundee Kangaroo Jack & Boomerang Creek Hotel & Steelers Barbie Pub and Milk Bar for Sheilas & Blokes"
    Donk's Place has a nice ring to it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The best Steeler bar in Southwest Ohio is in my basement.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

New Zealand 2
    Australia 0

What's up Chadman ?