Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does God hate gays?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does God hate gays?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/vice?v=xMbfQ117Jts[/url]

Some religious people can be crazy and scary. If God is all powerful and all loving, then why would he hate gays? It's not even logical.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lloyd...Children lash out when their egos are bruised. Adults discuss. God loves all people including homosexuals. Some people are indeed scary...some Christians included in that. When we use the Bible as a weapon we have missed the point.

Lloyd have you actually read through the New Testament? If so, you would know how Jesus feels about the outcasts of society. Those people who were caught up in sin...considered bad people by society...he embraced, loved, ate with, and forgave. He stated they would enter the Kingdom of God before the religious. He spoke harshly against the religiously pompous...calling them a den of vipers.

You can find nonsense everywhere, with every belief system, and lack of belief system. People in general are hypocritical, inconsistent, selfish, etc. That is why Christ came...to show us it doesn't have to be this way...to give us some peace in the mist of all this chaos and nonsense....to show us a better way.

You asked a question...why does God allow suffering? I think the better question is who causes the suffering? You, me, and the rest of the world. True love...agape love...doesn't turn those loved into robots. God could indeed clean up the mess we have made...make us act like good boys and girls...and force us to love each other. But the question remains...is that love? Can love take away choice? Can love force? God allows us to cause our own messes, and some of us actually learn from them. In my life...the fire of suffering caused by my own hand educated my spirit. I learned, grew, and changed...continue to change. Suffering was one of my teachers.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lloyd...if you are more than angry and truly curious about the nature of God...read the book The Shack. Besides the Bible it's the best book I have ever read.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

No God doesn't hate gays, any more than He hates any sinner of any type. It's hateful people who represent Him as hateful.

Jerks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    No God doesn't hate gays, any more than He hates any sinner of any type. It's hateful people who represent Him as hateful.

Jerks.
    lol

I would agree many times hateful people twist the word of God into a weapon to beat their neighbor with. Jesus was clear...how he feels about sinners...he loves them...all of them...all of us. We are all sinners, yet we continue to point out the splinters in our neighbors eye...when we have a plank in our own. Instead today I fall upon grace...knowing what I am...and that is a man in need of a Savior.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

If God had a sense of humor, these people would have their own tv show. It's like Hitler and Honey Boo Boo had babies and they took over a town in KS.

The funniest sign imho is "God hates Jews". That makes is 100% clear no one in this church has even read the Bible - not that I'm sure any of them are capable of reading any way.

It's hard not to like these people to a certain degree. They have very strong convictions and are doing what they think is right with passion. Can't blame someone for being ignorant. At the end of the day, these folks probably drive more people to seek God than most churches because they're so ridiculous.

Please put these people on a tv show. I promise is would be a blockbuster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post

Jerks.
    I have a feeling the head of this church and many of its followers are gay. There's no other reason to be so angry.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol

I would agree many times hateful people twist the word of God into a weapon to beat their neighbor with. Jesus was clear...how he feels about sinners...he loves them...all of them...all of us. We are all sinners, yet we continue to point out the splinters in our neighbors eye...when we have a plank in our own. Instead today I fall upon grace...knowing what I am...and that is a man in need of a Savior.
    Yea, one of the all-encompassing, trap door statements. "Everyone is a sinner and Jesus died for our sins." Sorry, I don't buy it. But if they make us believe it, we are much easier to manipulate. Everyone is not a "sinner" - I don't buy that. So, if a guy lives a completely giving, honest, loving life, he is still a sinner. Who says? Maybe his sin is "impure thoughts?" You mean, the kind of thoughts that we have hard wired into our consciousness so we procreate? That there thing is a "sin?" Poppycock. So, nature makes us a certain way and that very thing that we were hardwired with is also a sin? Great. Who agreed to that deal? So, gays are hardwired to be sexually attracted to their same sex, so if they act on their natural sexual impulse, it's a sin, but us heterosexuals, who act on our natural drive, oh, well, we are OK; that's not sinning. Yea, that seems really logical.

If God is so all-powerful, and so all-loving, why did he game the system to make us be sinners no matter what? They say he gave us free choice, and yet, so many of you blindly, ad nauseum repeat that EVERYONE is a sinner. So everyone has free choice and yet not one of us can free will their way to the point of not sinning? What happened to free choice? Why can't anyone seem to EVER be able to pull of sin-free living? And yet, this makes sense to some of you?

And why did God's only son have to die for our sins? Why didn't the all-powerful God just make that happen without having to have his son tortured and killed? A truly all-powerful God could make it happen without all of that misery, no?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If God had a sense of humor, these people would have their own tv show. It's like Hitler and Honey Boo Boo had babies and they took over a town in KS.

The funniest sign imho is "God hates Jews". That makes is 100% clear no one in this church has even read the Bible - not that I'm sure any of them are capable of reading any way.

It's hard not to like these people to a certain degree. They have very strong convictions and are doing what they think is right with passion. Can't blame someone for being ignorant. At the end of the day, these folks probably drive more people to seek God than most churches because they're so ridiculous.

I love people with passion; nothing great has ever been accomplished without passion.

I don't like ignorant people. They make my head hurt.

But the ultimate worst is passionate, ignorant people. Not only are they stupid and clueless, but they get into your face about their false beliefs. Got to just avoid those people. They have no chance at enlightenment. Waste of time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

My wife just introduced me to Honey Boo Boo - not in a real way, I have never even seen more than 10 seconds of it. But her just explaining the concept, with that name, makes me avoid that crap like cancer. What a horrid, horrid existence.