Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does God hate gays?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you misunderstand me Flippy. I am liberal in the way I approach Scriptural interpretation. There is symbolism in nearly every verse...from how many stones David picked up, to why Goliaths armor was made of bronze. Revelations I believe is all symbolism. Of course I don't believe it has anything to do with end times. Imo, It's a beautiful symbolic picture of how Christ conquers darkness in each believers life. Who sets themselves up on the throne of our hearts and calls the self God? We do. And when we do we are the Anti-Christ because we are saying we can run things better than God. But in the life of the believer, Gods judgments burn those deceptions out of us.

My only point is when we want to take real people, who did real things and say they are merely symbols. That is what I was directly speaking about. Jesus Christ is not a work of fiction or mere symbolism.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think you misunderstand me Flippy. I am liberal in the way I approach Scriptural interpretation. There is symbolism in nearly every verse...from how many stones David picked up, to why Goliaths armor was made of bronze. Revelations I believe is all symbolism. Of course I don't believe it has anything to do with end times. Imo, It's a beautiful symbolic picture of how Christ conquers darkness in each believers life. Who sets themselves up on the throne of our hearts and calls the self God? We do. And when we do we are the Anti-Christ because we are saying we can run things better than God. But in the life of the believer, Gods judgments burn those deceptions out of us.

My only point is when we want to take real people, who did real things and say they are merely symbols. That is what I was directly speaking about. Jesus Christ is not a work of fiction or mere symbolism.
    Gotcha. I agree JC was real, but I do think it's fair for people to ask "Is the story real"? It could be like a movied based loosely on a true story. The point of making a movie or writing a book is to make it interesting. So did they "make it interesting?" when the Bible was written.

I remember reading this summer there was some Jesus movie in the works. And it was going to tell the story that Jesus was a prophet (or something along those lines) but not divine and not the son of God. I'm sure it will drive Christians nuts because the premise of the movie is against religious doctrine of the churches. And it takes the position that Mary was raped by a Roman soldier.

If you really think about it, odds are that was more likely what happened. And if it were the case, it would make sense why Jesus was so willing to stand up against the rulers of the time.

This is complete blasphemy of course. But an interpretation I'm sure many have considered.

Legend

User Info Menu

I absolutely think its proper to ask the question...is Jesus real? Is God real? Is there any truth in the Bible? These are all legit questions...and I love the fact that God gives us a choice to search or not to search.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you think God is going to mold into the person you want HIM to be....ur fooling yourself.
    Try it with your wife sometime...not going to happen.

God is who He is and the Bible is the Revelation of Himself. You can make up in your head who you want Him to be, but your just wasting your time. Instead WE should be molding ourselves into His Likeness whether you agree with Him or not. Or you can continue to fight him (Psalm 2) and see where that gets you.

Does God hate gays?? Does God hate Murderers?? Does God hate people who fornicate?? or lie? or steal??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

. Does God hate gays?? Does God hate Murderers?? Does God hate people who fornicate?? or lie? or steal??
    God hates the sin not the sinner

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    God hates the sin not the sinner
    You are correct. I think too many christians get hung up on "homosexuality is an awful sin" (and yes it is) while over looking the heterosexual that commits sexual sin against God.

The fact of the matter is, GOD is a JUST God who HATES ALL SIN. He made a way for man to be delivered from that sin thru sacrificing His Son (Himself) on the cross. The Sinner who doesn't repent will incur His Wrath.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw an old Louis CK on HBO this weekend. His commentary on gays was dead on funny:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    You are correct. I think too many christians get hung up on "homosexuality is an awful sin" (and yes it is) while over looking the heterosexual that commits sexual sin against God.

The fact of the matter is, GOD is a JUST God who HATES ALL SIN. He made a way for man to be delivered from that sin thru sacrificing His Son (Himself) on the cross. The Sinner who doesn't repent will incur His Wrath.
    God is agape love...unconditional Godly love for His creation. His judgments therefore must be an extension of how God defines himself...which is love. Man has distorted God's image to match theirs with doctrines that just make me shake my head. It's almost like many believers think Jesus died on the Cross to save us from God. Why does God hate sin? If you had a child who used heroin...and it kept her/him from real life...life abundant...and threatened to take their life would you hate addiction? Absolutely. Would you do anything to save your child? Would you die for them so they might live? I bet you would. So, you being a mere man capable of only an ants fraction of God love...would be willing to die in your child's place? That is just a taste of how God loves every single one of us...including the gay man suffering with HIV, the adulterer, the liar, the fornicator, etc. He didn't die to satisfy Gods need to balance the books. Jesus died because nothing less than seeing how much God loves us could pull us out of our self depravity. Nothing less would let us know how much he dearly loves His creation that has chosen evil over good. It's in that realization...that God loves us...right here....right now...dirt and all...that we find real freedom. Today, I know God loves me...you and the rest of my fellow man...just how we are. What I have found in that realization...in that love is I want vice less...become a little more understanding...might even think about helping my neighbor...I grow more like Him daily.
    Trolls are people too.