Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu Is Our MVP

Backup

User Info Menu

Troy Polamalu Is Our MVP

The Steelers are 28-9 wit Polamalu in the lineup and 7-9 without Him. Opponents score 14.8 Points WITH him and we give up 21.6 WITHOUT him. It is clear that we need to keep him healty. I have never EVER seen a team so dependant on a defensive player. Ever.

Backup

User Info Menu

I know guys HATE to agree with ANYTHING I post. Merely because I posted it. Thats Ok but this is a fact that cannot be ignored, we are garbage without this man.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm glad I got to witness such a great talent and great professional. 1st ballot hall of famer and best SS in the history of the NFL.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R0djSFq-s[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No question he is one of the BEST steeler MVPs of all time.

That said, he has played in only ONE 16 game season in his entire career.. He is hurt too much and his body is failing him now. He is on his way out.

Backup

User Info Menu

This is what Happens when people LISTEN to the masses and dont actually do the research or know what they are talking about. Polamalu has played in 16 games FIVE times in his 10 year career (half his career). Also, has a 13 a 14 and 11 game season in 07. So that is 8 out of 10 season playing MOST of the year. Do you see what happens when you actually do the research or know your stuff vs listening to someone else and being a follower? Of course no disrespect meant.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4474/troy-polamalu[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Just look at the highlights. WHAT other Steeler has impacted games like this man has? I cannot think of one.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R0djSFq-s[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

You're right that Troy has been one of the most valuable players on the team over the past few years, probably the defensive MVP.

However, he hasn't played up to his own standard this season (I'm talking about when he's been in). Whether it's because he was hurt, or because his skills are eroding, I don't know, but it's clear we can no longer afford to be so dependent upon one player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    This is what Happens when people LISTEN to the masses and dont actually do the research or know what they are talking about. Polamalu has played in 16 games FIVE times in his 10 year career (half his career). Also, has a 13 a 14 and 11 game season in 07. So that is 8 out of 10 season playing MOST of the year. Do you see what happens when you actually do the research or know your stuff vs listening to someone else and being a follower? Of course no disrespect meant.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4474/troy-polamalu[/URL]
    Wow. Aren't you smart.

I hadn't listened to anyone. But I stand corrected. The website I saw that had listed the games played in the regular season in Troy's career must have been wrong.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since you know all, maybe you can tell me where I can find the video of Troy's sideways tackle in the 2005 AFC championship against the Broncos? It's not in that video clip on youtube and I haven't been able to find it. That was awesome.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You're right that Troy has been one of the most valuable players on the team over the past few years, probably the defensive MVP.

However, he hasn't played up to his own standard this season (I'm talking about when he's been in). Whether it's because he was hurt, or because his skills are eroding, I don't know, but it's clear we can no longer afford to be so dependent upon one player.
    What exactly has he done wrong? When was he beat deep? When has he missed a coverage. Troy Polamalu is still the best SS in the NFL. Skills eroding? Please explain