Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colon says don't point fingers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colon says don't point fingers.

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2769215-85/2-3-steelers-season-game-start-team-1970-6-10-games-nfl#axzz29O4tKbuv[/url]

Yea, I would too if I was a big part of the problem. "Hey bros, let's not point fingers at the problem; never mind that I am a huge part of that problem."

“We’ve got to be more efficient in different areas,” left guard Willie Colon said. “The main thing is we’ve got to stay together as a team. We can’t point fingers. We can’t get into who’s at fault. We’ve got to flat-out do better. Somehow, somewhere, we’ve got to pick it up.
    Yea, starting with you, you overweight, can't-block, penalty flag machine.

Pgh has lost to an under .500 Denver, and then to two of the very worst teams in the entire NFL. At this point, I think Cleveland is better than Pgh, as of right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can dislike Colon all you want but he does say the right things and seems like a good team first guy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You can dislike Colon all you want but he does say the right things and seems like a good team first guy.
    Well, that being said, I wish he'd start PLAYING better than he speaks to the press. He is highly overpaid, overrated, sloppy, too fat, part of the PROBLEM. He must have nude pics of Art 2 or something; I see NO REASON why the team so overpays and overrates this waste. They have always overstated his talent and value. It is beyond obvious.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thread title seems misleading to me. He says they can't point fingers. He isn't telling anyone to not point fingers, which is how it sounds. Then again, I'm half asleep so I may just be out on my own limb here.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    you can say the exact same thing about Ramon Foster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you can say the exact same thing about Ramon Foster.
    true, and Foster makes a lot less $ and gets jerked around way more yet you never hear a negative word.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Thread title seems misleading to me. He says they can't point fingers. He isn't telling anyone to not point fingers, which is how it sounds. Then again, I'm half asleep so I may just be out on my own limb here.
    You sleep on a limb?

Colon grabs them and holds on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    true, and Foster makes a lot less $ and gets jerked around way more yet you never hear a negative word.
    agreed.

he out performed kemo all last season and still caught hell on here. He will never be a pro-bowler but he is better than some give him credit for. Plus he is a tough kid. I remember several times where he got dinged up and still came back in and finished. Very underappreciated guy on the OL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    He said they need to not point fingers, and my point is that one of the guys most DESERVING of having fingers pointed to him doesn't want anyone pointing fingers, that's all. It is like when Kordell said, after he played horrible, "This is a team game" but after he played "OK" and they lost, he'd say, "I played pretty well."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    agreed.

he out performed kemo all last season and still caught hell on here. He will never be a pro-bowler but he is better than some give him credit for. Plus he is a tough kid. I remember several times where he got dinged up and still came back in and finished. Very underappreciated guy on the OL.
    Foster gets paid way less, and has been a good trooper his career. He will never be a top shelf OG, but at least he is serviceable without costing a fortune, and, I haven't checked, but I bet he gets less flags thrown on his play. Colon is getting paid like a top 10% lineman, and not even coming close to playing like one. Don't point fingers, indeed.