Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather on Sunday Could Be a Huge Factor????

Legend

User Info Menu

Weather on Sunday Could Be a Huge Factor????

With Huricaine Sandy expected to hit Saturday or Sunday, all the Mid Atlantic states could get hammered this weekend. What is it looking like up Pittsbugh way?

NFL games further east could have some issues.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure about Pittsburgh, but they are predicting some serious nastiness over here. Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.

How are things looking for you, Ovi?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Not sure about Pittsburgh, but they are predicting some serious nastiness over here. Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.

How are things looking for you, Ovi?
    Just clouds. Too far out to sea to the east of us. The beaches are real rough with lots of rip currents but we have been fortunate this season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.
    Ah, the dreaded Frankenstorm...

[URL]http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-25/u-dot-s-dot-east-from-washington-to-nyc-at-risk-from-hurricane-sandy[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

So which team will bad weather effect more. I would think with our short passing game, and if we can run the ball like we did last week we should be ok. What do you think?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Right now, the National Weather Service is forecasting anywhere from 0.25" to 0.50" of rain across western Pennsylvania between 8PM Saturday and 8PM Sunday. It'll have little to do with Hurricane Sandy, though, because the center of circulation is expected to be off the coast of the Carolinas at 2PM Sunday. The trigger for the precipitation in western Pennsylvania will be a frontal passage, although there is a chance that some moisture could be siphoned off Sandy to enhance rainfall totals. It's doubtful that Sunday will be a washout, though. If there's heavy rain in western Pennsylvania, then it's more likely to occur on Monday and Tuesday. Regardless, eastern Pennsylvania will get it a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    So which team will bad weather effect more. I would think with our short passing game, and if we can run the ball like we did last week we should be ok. What do you think?
    I think rain would make it harder for Robert Griffin III because he wouldn't be able to use his legs as much.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we should soak the field anyway. Turn it into a mudpit so RGIII starts sinking up to his ankles in it. That might slow him down. Then we turn the mini-bus loose and rumble to a victory.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/180855.shtml?5-daynl#contents[/url]

It's not going to be close enough by Sunday to be that much of a force. It's going by us here (NE FL on the coast) and the surf is testy and the wind is blowing down palm tree fronds, but that's it. But come Monday or Tues. folks in WPA might be in for some serious rain and your ground can't handle the water like we can in FL. I remember just a little remnant of a hurricane went through Pgh a few years ago and it flooded out the joint.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/180855.shtml?5-daynl#contents[/URL]

It's not going to be close enough by Sunday to be that much of a force. It's going by us here (NE FL on the coast) and the surf is testy and the wind is blowing down palm tree fronds, but that's it. But come Monday or Tues. folks in WPA might be in for some serious rain and your ground can't handle the water like we can in FL. I remember just a little remnant of a hurricane went through Pgh a few years ago and it flooded out the joint.
    That's because all the water ran off into the low-lying areas. It's not a matter of how porous the soil is; it's a matter of topography.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    With Huricaine Sandy expected to hit Saturday or Sunday, all the Mid Atlantic states could get hammered this weekend. What is it looking like up Pittsbugh way?

NFL games further east could have some issues.
    i got tickets for Sunday. On one hand I am pissed that its gonna be cold since it was so warm today, but on the other a slippery Heinz Field could prevent really fast scrawny QB's from taking off when big fast linebackers approach at a high rate of speed with angry intentions. I think we emerge on the NFL risers, movers & shakers, after a thorough but whippin'.

i think Pitt may play there Saturday so if it rains it may be kinda funky for track stars.