Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Significant statistics of notable NFL QBs through six weeks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Tired of posting facts? Never
    No: Tired of always lugging those goal posts around.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

SOS factored in- Ben is top 25% ahead of Flacco, Phony Romo, and way ahead of Brees.

[URL]http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/10/11/andrew-luck-is-the-best-quarterback-so-far-by-espns-qbr-once-you-account-for-opponents/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tired of being wrong?

Tired of having a franchise QB?

How many other teams have a QB who ranks at the top of all these categories?

How many other teams have a QB with a winning percentage in the top 5 all-time...with multiple Super
    Bowl victories?

Be careful what you criticize or wish for. We've been there.

Backup

User Info Menu

When Ben starts playing elite consistently vs TOP DEFENSES then I will be his loudest fan. So far in 9 years he has not. Not many Quarterbacks have the luxury of posting a 24 qb rating and winning a SB. Or Posting a 33 rating and winning a game to go to one (Jets). Nor do many quarterbacks have the luxury of commiting 24 turnovers and winning a SB (0. Lastly, not many have the luxury of being 10-4 in the playoffs with 21 TDs and 18 INTs.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC View Post
    SOS factored in- Ben is top 25% ahead of Flacco, Phony Romo, and way ahead of Brees.

[URL]http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/10/11/andrew-luck-is-the-best-quarterback-so-far-by-espns-qbr-once-you-account-for-opponents/[/URL]
    Stat says Luck is the best quarterback in the NFL. You guys DO realise who Lucks OC is dont you? This link could be one of the biggest indictments against Ben Roethlisberger

Rookie

User Info Menu

I have no idea what stopplayn is posting, but just thinking about the possibilities makes me laugh...

Backup

User Info Menu

You guys watch how Slapstick follows me around from thread to thread. But he has my on ignore. YEAH RIGHT........... LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Stat says Luck is the best quarterback in the NFL. You guys DO realise who Lucks OC is dont you? This link could be one of the biggest indictments against Ben Roethlisberger
    How is this an indictment against Ben? It is one stat that shows Ben's OC - who won 2 SB trophies with him - is also succeeding elsewhere. Are you trying to somehow claim that Ben was a failure until this year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Football statistics are incredibly subjective. Stats don't take into account the following:

Division - Each team plays 37.5% of their games against the three teams in their division. Each team also only plays against 13 of 31 teams, so schedule is a factor as well, but that tends to somewhat even out over the course of a career.
    Location - Come November, you have factors such as rain, snow, cold, and wind to deal with up north. Dome teams and warm weather teams do not face the same elements which are more conducive to putting up numbers.
    Your D - Does your D get you back on the field quickly allowing you to run more plays? A shorter field? Turnovers? Momentum?
    O line - Is there an NFL QB in history who would have failed in the position that Troy Aikman was in? How about anyone who could succeed in the position that David Carr was drafted into? Most others are in a situation in between.
    Your other skill players - What does a good RB do for a QB? How about a great WR? Daunte Culpepper was a stud when all he had to do was drop back and throw the ball up in the air anywhere in the direction of Randy Moss. Then there is always the TE safety valve that can really help sustain a drive on third down.

Cohesion between every player, every unit, every aspect is more pronounced in football than any other sport. Therefore, using numbers as a definitive evaluator is completely flawed. JMO.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    How is this an indictment against Ben? It is one stat that shows Ben's OC - who won 2 SB trophies with him - is also succeeding elsewhere. Are you trying to somehow claim that Ben was a failure until this year?
    Ben has won 2 SB's and played in 3. He is NO failure. However, he is inconsistent and EVERYONE in Steeler Nation said it was because of Bruce Arians. I for years defended Arians and said the problem was Ben and not Arians. I find it quite gratifying to see that Bruce is showing that HE was not the problem as he has left and had continued success.

On the other hand we STILL have a sack issue, a lack of scoring issue and when we get in the redzone we have to settle for FGs. Thats is not happening in Indy