Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info from Tomlin's PC

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Info from Tomlin's PC

Per Tomlin-

Ta' amu (sp) is suspended without pay for 2 weeks...Tomlin says team will NOT tolerate this type of behavior. Will NOT be allowed around team for 2 weeks and will re evaluate situation later....

Out of Cincy Game-

Gilbert- Adams will start
    Troy

Questionable-

Pouncey
    Mendy
    Redman

Will update this here shortly.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

If Pouncey can't go, that leaves us with only 6 healthy OL (Starks, Colon, Legursky, Foster, and Adams starting, with Beachum as the only backup), so we'd need to make a roster move this week to activate another OL from the P.S. (such as Ryan Lee or John Malecki) or sign a veteran OL (such as Trai Essex, who was cut by the Colts 3 weeks ago).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was asked about suiting up 8 OL for this week, and he sort of said that they were going to do that. With the suspension of Ta' amu, they have an extra roster spot on the 53 man... They must be working out some FA's- he said there were some there today trying out... Stay tuned....

Woodley is playing...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Per Tomlin-

Ta' amu (sp) is suspended without pay for 2 weeks...Tomlin says team will NOT tolerate this type of behavior. Will NOT be allowed around team for 2 weeks and will re evaluate situation later....

Out of Cincy Game-

Gilbert- Adams will start
    Troy

Questionable-

Pouncey
    Mendy
    Redman

Will update this here shortly.
    What about Woodley?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What about Woodley?

Oops!! My bad. The question was answered.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here we go again with Woodley...Isn't he suffering from a hamstring issue? Hope this isn't like last season, where he went through a major part of the schedule either ineffective or unable to play because he kept coming in before his hammy was fully healed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Here we go again with Woodley...Isn't he suffering from a hamstring issue? Hope this isn't like last season, where he went through a major part of the schedule either ineffective or unable to play because he kept coming in before his hammy was fully healed.

IMO it will be an annual problem. He is a DE playing OLB and I don't think his powerful body is made for chasing RBs, WRs and TEs while in coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO it will be an annual problem. He is a DE playing OLB and I don't think his powerful body is made for chasing RBs, WRs and TEs while in coverage.
    This is pure speculation. If this opinion is corroborated by anybody with a medical background, I'd love to see it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Interesting. My father and I were actually talking about this after his injury. It seems like he's 10-15 lbs heavy as an OLB and 15-20 lbs to light for a 3-4 DE. He must be around 270. Last year, he looked about the size of Heyward.

Or maybe it's his training. Maybe he should focus more on flexibility and resistance training than weights.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd think his problem with hamstring issues is more likely to be tied to his powerful body not being kept in top condition. Admittedly, that, too, involves some speculation...but it appears to me that Big LaMarr may have allowed himself to get a little TOO big.