Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If This Board's Logic Holds True........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If This Board's Logic Holds True........

If This Board's Logic Holds True......
    ....the Patriots should get a new offense!!!
    ....the Bills should switch back to the 3-4 cuz they suck at the 4-3
    ....the Ravens need to change defensive scheme b/c they suck!!!
    ....did you see Houston the other night...they need a new defensive scheme too!!
    ....the 49ers gave up 26 points...can you say overrated?? they suck too!!
    ....Atlanta's overrated....they barely beat Oakland at home and Matt Ryan sucks b/c his defense had to win it for him.
    ....Jets are tied for 1st in their division and we are 3rd in ours. Mark Sanchez is better than Ben!!
    ....RG3 is overrated...he got beat by the Bengals who lost to the Browns.
    etc etc etc etc etc etc
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great Post. I'm tired of the whining too.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

This post has no relevance to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Are the Steelers playing good football? Yes or no (hint....the answer is not yes)? Did they lose to a Titans team that was 1-4 at the time and has allowed over 30 points in every game they played except Pittsburgh? Did they lose to a Raiders team that's now 1-4? Have they played poorly 4 out of 5 games, if not outright stunk?

Having leads in the 4th Q and losing them 3 games in a row is horrendous. Something is not working. I guess we shouldnt' comment on that or we're bad, unsupportive fans (here's your tissue Mendenhall to wipe your tears). If I don't meet my goals at work and my boss says so on my review, is that unfair? When I tell my employees how they need to improve; am I being unreasonable?

Pretending we've been watching good football seems silly at this point. We have not. And a lot of the suggstions being thrown out aren't insane or off the wall. Hampton is ineffective. Ike can't cover without holding or getting beat. Could we see more of Heyward? Why wouldn't we attack on D after it worked so well with Philly? No one posting here hates this team, in fact, it's the opposite. They're frustrated by seeing some really bad football. Acting as if talking about poor performance somehow makes a person a bad fan is moronic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This post has no relevance to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Are the Steelers playing good football? Yes or no (hint....the answer is not yes)? Did they lose to a Titans team that was 1-4 at the time and has allowed over 30 points in every game they played except Pittsburgh? Did they lose to a Raiders team that's now 1-4? Have they played poorly 4 out of 5 games, if not outright stunk?

Having leads in the 4th Q and losing them 3 games in a row is horrendous. Something is not working. I guess we shouldnt' comment on that or we're bad, unsupportive fans (here's your tissue Mendenhall to wipe your tears). If I don't meet my goals at work and my boss says so on my review, is that unfair? When I tell my employees how they need to improve; am I being unreasonable?

Pretending we've been watching good football seems silly at this point. We have not. And a lot of the suggstions being thrown out aren't insane or off the wall. Hampton is ineffective. Ike can't cover without holding or getting beat. Could we see more of Heyward? Why wouldn't we attack on D after it worked so well with Philly? No one posting here hates this team, in fact, it's the opposite. They're frustrated by seeing some really bad football. Acting as if talking about poor performance somehow makes a person a bad fan is moronic.
    Greater post. People whine when there is a reason and there has been many so far this year.

You cannot ignore the bad teams we have lost too. It's not like we have been losing to the Pats, Packers, Giants, etc. Some of those better teams lie ahead in the schedule.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

This post has no relevance to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Nearly every post on this board has no "real" relevance to the Pittsburgh Steelers...the OP's post is no less relevant than any other...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now this is a good post.....pointing out obvious deficiencies is not whining.....its being an observant fan. If the OP's logic holds true, if anyone complains about anything the president does they are anti american and whiney cause hey, he knows better than we all do.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 10-16-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I agree Ghost. This post has no real relevance to the Steelers current "suckiness". With that, we as fans are very spoiled. We expect a championship team, year in and out. In it's current form, the Steelers are not a championship team for a couple reasons.

1) Age has finally caught up with the D in the form of injuries, and having your playmakers a step slower. Troy even when healthy isn't what he used to be. Ike...and probably Harrison are there as well. Hampton needs replaced, and Keisel might have one more season before becoming the victim of the injury bug. We haven't drafted all that well on D, and it shows.

2) The O is a bright spot. I think with time this O will be the best we have ever seen in the Burgh. But, again injuries along the OL/RB...and unfamiliarity with the O...keep this O from always being great.

Healthy...the Steelers are an 11-5 team. As is? 8-8 if lucky. It is what it is.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

wow, i see the light now.
    the steelers are great.
    they are playing great.
    i am happy the way they are playing.
    there is no need for improvement.
    i am a real fan
    we will surely make the playoffs and win the superbowl as long as we continue to perfrom this way.

Legend

User Info Menu

When did the Steelers play great football up to fan's expectations? Good luck answering that question. Not one team in the league is playing good/great football every week. That's because other teams have the talent to compete. Parity is the true definition of today's NFL. Some fans seem to long for the days where there were 4 dominant teams in the league where the underdogs rarely had a shot to win.

This team always competes. In spite of injuries, this team is competing this season. It's not simply that this team sucks or is playing bad football. The real issue is they haven't found ways to win games at the end. There are teams that have better records then the Steelers. The Steelers can defeat any of the teams with better records. Better records don't equate to automatic wins.

This team will always need to get better. I am just fortunate that I don't live in a world of absolutes where I believe this team simply sucks or is playing bad football. It's really the ebb and flow of a season. Sometimes teams play well and sometimes teams don't. I've learned by paying attention that it's never as bad as fans believe. Patience people, this season is far from over. Even if the season doesn't play out as expected, I think this team deserves some slack.

Backup

User Info Menu

There are only 2 teams above .500 in the AFC. If we made the kick last game and didn't give up a play or two in our other losses we are easily sitting at 4-1. This isn't as much about the Steelers as it is about the league and the rules that are creating parity and a lack of defense overall. There is no dominant team anymore. The team that will win the Super Bowl will be the team that peaks in the final 3rd of the season and through the playoffs. Our offense is coming together, and if we get the defense a little healithier and get some pressure on the QB we could very easily be that team....or we could miss the playoffs. Welcome to the new NFL, which is a passing league with limited defense where 70 percent of the time the team that has the ball last wins. 7 of the games last week came down to either the final drive or overtime. Our team is really no different than our team in years past aside from our offense being able to sustain drives better and Ben playing better, the thing that has changed is the rules and the way they have taken big hits out of the game, which opens up the middle and the crossing patterns because no one is afraid to get there head taken off. If you can't touch a receiver before the pass, and you can't hit him hard after he catches the ball every offense has the ability to drive the ball through the passing game on every defense.

On a side note, the new key is to get to the QB before he can pass. For us to be successful we have to give up on the idea of prevent and keeping the play in front of us after the catch, and attack the QB before he can get the pass off. I think LeBeau will realize this eventually and adjust accordingly.