Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: If everyone else in the AFC sucks as bad as we do, and injured as much as we are ...

  1. #1

    If everyone else in the AFC sucks as bad as we do, and injured as much as we are ...

    ... Do we have a chance for a post-season run?


    Chargers - OMG, up 24-0 at the half, and lose 35-24. As painful as any of our 4th quarter meltdowns, that has to be right up there with our worst (except of course, at Denver last December ...).

    Ravens - welcome to the world of hurt and injury. I feel bad for those guys that are out, but it's nothing we haven't lived with for years. If they're down, can we win the AFC North?

    Hope - a dangerous mistress!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,144
    There is not one dominant team in the NFL. No team is unbeatable and all teams have flaws. Records don't mean anything when teams face off vs each another. As long as the Steelers are not eliminated from post season play mathematically they will always have a chance to make the post season.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,985
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

    Chargers - OMG, up 24-0 at the half, and lose 35-24.
    Dick LeBeau must have been the Chargers' guest DC for the second half...

  4. #4
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Dick LeBeau must have been the Chargers' guest DC for the second half...
    Ouch..........

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    ... Do we have a chance for a post-season run?


    Chargers - OMG, up 24-0 at the half, and lose 35-24. As painful as any of our 4th quarter meltdowns, that has to be right up there with our worst (except of course, at Denver last December ...).

    Ravens - welcome to the world of hurt and injury. I feel bad for those guys that are out, but it's nothing we haven't lived with for years. If they're down, can we win the AFC North?

    Hope - a dangerous mistress!
    Of course we do.
    Another poster said it best... we'll flounder and look bad, and our O-line will look like a sieve, and our D will look like a bunch of 40-year olds. But, even if we are 3-6 after 9 games, we'll have some mathematic hope... It's the nature of today's NFL.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Ouch..........
    Haha! Well, that loss really makes me look at how bad Philip Rivers really is. Even our CBs would have at least one pick?? Anyone?? Buehler? OR, maybe not.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,838
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet. I predict the Ravens will lose big to the Texans Sunday, if we just take care of Cinci Sunday night then all of a sudden we're just a game back in the division. The Rats are going to start playing desperate with the loss of some key players and as the season wears on the bleeding will start to gush. They're going to have to make it up with offense and try things that takes Flacco out of his element and also removes Rice from the equation a bit.

  8. #8
    Backup
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    As long as the Steelers are not eliminated from post season play mathematically they will always have a chance to make the post season.
    You can observe a lot just by watching.

    Yogi Berra would be proud.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,838
    The Pats are 3-3 also, so there's another indicator that it's a screwy season so far and that we still have time to recover, but recovery begins this weekend against a division opponent.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697
    Only two AFC teams have winning records right now
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •