Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adams to Start at RT vs Bengals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Adams to Start at RT vs Bengals

I've seen a few reports on twitter indicating that Adams will start but have not seen why. I'm guessing that Gilbert's injury is more severe than anticipated.

With some advanced notice, I hope that Haley can put in some plays to give Adams some extra help. If Gilbert and Pouncey are both out, that would leave Beachum as the only active backup. The Steelers will almost have to either bring up somebody from the PS or sign a veteran.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Adams will be fine with a whole week of reps and preparation...

He worked almost exclusively at LT during the preseason, so the switch to RT will be smoother with the practice reps...

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Marcus Gilbert Starts Monday Off With Right Foot In A Boot

Monday, October 15th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers had a long list of injured players following their 26-23 loss Thursday night to the Tennessee Titans and Mike Prisuta of DVE Radio reports Monday morning via Twitter that right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who did not finish the game Thursday night, hobbled out of team facility Monday morning with some sort of boot/device on his right foot.

When Gilbert left the game against the Titans he was replaced my rookie Mike Adams. Should Gilbert not be ready to go come Sunday night when the Steelers play the Cincinnati Bengals, Adams figures to start in his place and rookie Kelvin Beachum would be active.

The Steelers suffered another big injury early in the game Thursday night as center Maurkice Pouncey left after the first offensive play with what was termed a MCL injury. So far the word has been positive in regard to that and the early speculation is that Pouncey should be ready to play against the Bengals.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is scheduled to meet the media on Tuesday and that is when he is expected to address the health of the team heading into week 7.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_marcus_gilbert_starts_monday_off_with_right _foot_in_a_boot/11967547[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Instead of having to fill that position with Adams, can we:
    a) install a revolving door there instead
    b) play with four linemen, and have our trainer standing by (on the field) for Ben, who will need his immediate and frequent attention

Legend

User Info Menu

Why don't we just forfeit the game and save everyone around here the dismay of watching?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Why don't we just forfeit the game and save everyone around here the dismay of watching?
    but what will we all have to b!tch about afterwards then?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    What and miss the meltdown afterword

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    What and miss the meltdown afterword
    exactly, you can't just deprive us of that...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

at least ben will see all the pressure coming

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys will be begging for Gilbert back by the end of this game. I hope Ben gets the ball out of his hands quick.
    Trolls are people too.