Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: A huge loss for the Ravens?

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Season isn't over. I see sparks of things that make me think...if we can get our stuff together we can make a run. Personally, I like our O....especially with a healthy OL. On D...we have some young talent. McC...needs to start. Heyward needs to start. I would get Allen more PT, and tell Ike his starting job is up for grabs.
    I agree with this. This team can make a run if it can get healthy mentally and physically. Remember last year's SB champs? They couldn't even beat the Redskins in the regular season, but they put it together at the right time.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,815
    According to posters on the Ravens' forum, it's been confirmed that Webb has a torn ACL and is done for the year. Lewis has a severe, but not completely torn tricep, and likely won't return this season either. Suggs is slated to try and start practicing this week, so we'll see how that goes. Still, the Rats are squeaking out some stinkers for W's. If we get our heads out and start playing some physical football, we can turn this ship around.



  3. #13
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    If we get our heads out and start playing some physical football, we can turn this ship around.
    Please, I know we want to be positive, but what about this team makes you think we are going to get this? If we can lose to Oakland and the Titans the way we did, there isn't a team in the league that can't beat us.

    There are no leaders on this team. Ben isn't a leader. Polamalu isn't a vocal leader they need. Who's going to lead this team and pull it out of its nose dive?

    This also ignores the fact that we just aren't any good on defense this year. We waited a year too long to pull the plug on some players.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,815
    Hey Rob, did you see the fits the Raiders gave an undefeated Falcons team yesterday? It's the NFL and it's becoming more and more competitive. We definitely have our issues, don't get me wrong, but on the other hand we haven't been soundly beaten by anyone this season, two of our losses came down to the wire and we still had our shot in Denver until Ben threw the INT late in the 4th quarter. Things "can" turn around, will they though? Well, that's out of my hands. All I can do is hope they do. The biggest thing I see is this team needs to get back to basics. Tackle, tackle hard, get after the ball carrier, block the man in front of you, and be physical. They have to get out of their own heads and just play football. Enough of the sloppy play, and a lot of the injuries are due to being out muscled by someone. RECKLESS ABANDON! That's what my old coach used to scream at us on defense! This team is too tentative right now. LET's GO! Damn!



  5. #15
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Hey Rob, did you see the fits the Raiders gave an undefeated Falcons team yesterday? It's the NFL and it's becoming more and more competitive. We definitely have our issues, don't get me wrong, but on the other hand we haven't been soundly beaten by anyone this season, two of our losses came down to the wire and we still had our shot in Denver until Ben threw the INT late in the 4th quarter. Things "can" turn around, will they though? Well, that's out of my hands. All I can do is hope they do. The biggest thing I see is this team needs to get back to basics. Tackle, tackle hard, get after the ball carrier, block the man in front of you, and be physical. They have to get out of their own heads and just play football. Enough of the sloppy play, and a lot of the injuries are due to being out muscled by someone. RECKLESS ABANDON! That's what my old coach used to scream at us on defense! This team is too tentative right now. LET's GO! Damn!
    Who's going to give this team the spark? Mike Tomlin isn't that type of coach. Who's it going to be?

  6. #16
    This team has some leaders and Tomlin is that type of coach. Ryan Clark, and Foote are vocal on the D, and Ben is vocal on the O. If we make the field goal, and we make a defensive stop we are 4-1. If Ben doesn't throw a pick and he finishes the drive against the Broncos we are 5-0. The difference in having a really good record in this league and having a mediocre record comes down to a couple of plays. We are as good or as bad as anyone.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    If we can lose to Oakland and the Titans the way we did, there isn't a team in the league that can't beat us.
    Yeah, the Steelers totally got blown out by those guys!!!!

    Umm...wait a minute...

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    The difference in having a really good record in this league and having a mediocre record comes down to a couple of plays.
    That's it right there.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,815
    Lewis and Webb are definitely gone for the season and ESPN is reporting this morning that Ngata has an MCL injury but is expected to play Sunday. If they lose Rice, Smith or Flacco to injury you can stick a fork in them.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •