Joe Haden
    Nmandi Asomugha
    Jonathan Joseph
    Patrick Peterson
    Dunta Robinson
    Brent Grimes
    Ladarius Webb
    Carlos Rogers
    Based on what? How much have you seen the other corners? Do watch them while the Steelers are playing? Please provide some game highlights that set them above Ike. Anyone can list a list of guys but can you provide some substance behind your claims?

Ike Taylor is a STARTER for EVERY NFL Team except the NY. Jets. THAT proves my point that he is top 10. I rest my case UNLESS someone can tell me a team OTHER than the Jets that he doesnt start on

Backup

User Info Menu

Lastly, I'm not a Ike fan but he is BY FAR our best corner and to bench him in favor of someone of lesser talent is just not a good football move its an emotional one

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Ike Taylor is a STARTER for EVERY NFL Team except the NY. Jets. THAT proves my point that he is top 10. I rest my case UNLESS someone can tell me a team OTHER than the Jets that he doesnt start on
    again, you are incorrect.

there are TWO starting CBs on every NFL team the last time I checked. Ike could be a starter for every team except the Jets and still only be the 30th best CB in the league.

I personally think he's Top-20, but certainly not Top-10.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

there are TWO starting CBs on every NFL team the last time I checked. Ike could be a starter for every team except the Jets and still only be the 30th best CB in the league.

I agree that he is not Top 10 but with all the experience he gets using his hands he may be able to retire and go to the top of the Mixed Martial Arts rankings.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Actually YOU are incorrect. Some teams (especially in this NFL) there are three corners as some teams (Pack) use a base Nickel. In that case there are THREE corners. Ravens also did this when an aging Prime Time was on their team. Having the ability to start for THIRTY ONE NFL teams is not easy and a helluva accomplishment. So if those other 10-30 corners are better then what are you basing this on?

Do you have any in game instances you can site to strengthen your case? What did they do to make them better? Game examples? Career refrences of WHO thest Corners have locked up etc.

Assertions are not proof

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on what? How much have you seen the other corners? Do watch them while the Steelers are playing? Please provide some game highlights that set them above Ike. Anyone can list a list of guys but can you provide some substance behind your claims?

Not trying to be rude but you need to shut up. You aren't making any sense as at all.. you ask for a list and now you want highlights? What next, sound effects?

Ike isn't starting on half the teams in the NFL. He can run fast but he is horrible in coverage and THE WORST ball hawk in the NFL. He is top 25... he was top 10 when JH, Troy and Woodley were getting tons of pressure...

The NY Giants secondary goes from worst to top 10 when their front 4 are healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not trying to be rude but you need to shut up. You aren't making any sense as at all.. you ask for a list and now you want highlights? What next, sound effects?

Ike isn't starting on half the teams in the NFL. He can run fast but he is horrible in coverage and THE WORST ball hawk in the NFL. He is top 25... he was top 10 when JH, Troy and Woodley were getting tons of pressure...

The NY Giants secondary goes from worst to top 10 when their front 4 are healthy.
    Felt--you really should try "ignore." You just get a big white blank and don't have to deal with the insanity.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Felt--you really should try "ignore." You just get a big white blank and don't have to deal with the insanity.
    I usually don't go this route, but there are several all lower case posters that joined in aug or sept of this year who have me re-thinking my policy. I usually just not respond to anything they say.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Come on guys.. you can't provide sound effects, highlights, etc to prove your case. lol

Grass is green. Prove it. The sky is blue. Prove it. The sun is bright. Prove it. Stats? Highlights? Sound Effects will do, please
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually YOU are incorrect. Some teams (especially in this NFL) there are three corners as some teams (Pack) use a base Nickel. In that case there are THREE corners. Ravens also did this when an aging Prime Time was on their team. Having the ability to start for THIRTY ONE NFL teams is not easy and a helluva accomplishment. So if those other 10-30 corners are better then what are you basing this on?

Do you have any in game instances you can site to strengthen your case? What did they do to make them better? Game examples? Career refrences of WHO thest Corners have locked up etc.

Assertions are not proof
    just like your assertion that Ike is a Top-10 CB is not proof of anything...

btw, have you had a chance to watch last year's playoff loss to Denver and this past game against Tennessee yet? if you watch those games and Ike's performance in particular that might help you to better understand why Ike is not a Top-10 CB.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha