Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike The Problem According to Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    True. But this is also the guy that built a great defensive team for years. All of these players that we are missing (A. Smith, Farrior) or are old (Foote, Polamalu, Clark, Hampton, Keisel, Ike, Harrison) are all Cowher's guys. What I want to know is why haven't we drafted and/or developed quality talent in all of these years on the defensive side of the ball.
    Actually, Capers and Lebeau built those teams. A. Smith and Farrior were good because they were STEELERS. Put them elsewhere and they are nobodies. What did farrior do for the Jets? Exactly. You mean they are COLBERTS guys. Cowher didnt want Ben and Colbert and the Rooneys DID. Cowher had less power than you think and thats why he quit (He quit BEFORE his wife was diagnosed)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no he's not...
    Name 10 Corners better........... I'll wait

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    i agree. These fans growing up on madden and fantasy ball swap out players like they are cellphone skins. No way can you build a consistent franchise. Who is ike's replacement that go one-on-one with the other team's #1? Are the steelers just hiding this guy on the roster?
    ding ding ding ding

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Our you posting from 5th grade on your iphone?
    Our (Are) you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Name 10 Corners better........... I'll wait

by any chance, were you able to catch last season's playoff loss to the great Tim Tebow and/or this past game against future Hall of Famer Matt Hasselbeck?

or were you too busy focusing in on why Ben is not an elite QB to notice how poorly Ike played?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Ike got beat. ALL corners get beat. Doesnt erase the fact that Ike Taylor runs a 4.2 40. Has a 40 inch verticle. He is a freak of an athlete. I still want to see the 10 corners better than him. And as you can see by this footage, WE PLAY A ZONE, so stop acting like Ike is getting beat one on one. Blame the scheme.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iB99buS9IQ&feature=related[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Blame the scheme. Really. Zone coverages do not relieve individual responsibiliy within the zone...especially for corners. Teams can and will flood areas of zone coverages to create mismatches of time and space. That's not happening. At least not regularly to Ike. Again......been a fan of Ike's for years. His current play can't be defended. Can't be.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe instead of benching Ike the idea should be that if his job is tougher than the others to give him more help. Do we really think that Lewis is the man to line up opposite the best WR on the other team? Play a system with 3 CBs and 1 S while Troy is still out - that gets Mundy off the field and we still have a chance to see what either Allen or Brown can do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Maybe instead of benching Ike the idea should be that if his job is tougher than the others to give him more help. Do we really think that Lewis is the man to line up opposite the best WR on the other team? Play a system with 3 CBs and 1 S while Troy is still out - that gets Mundy off the field and we still have a chance to see what either Allen or Brown can do.
    Sorry...not part of the defensive template
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Blame the scheme. Really. Zone coverages do not relieve individual responsibiliy within the zone...especially for corners. Teams can and will flood areas of zone coverages to create mismatches of time and space. That's not happening. At least not regularly to Ike. Again......been a fan of Ike's for years. His current play can't be defended. Can't be.
    Most people are citing ONE ON ONE beatings from Ike. We dont play one on one. The ZONE is getting beat not ONE individual. If you play a zone you play an AREA not a man. Learn football