Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Ta'amu ever get it?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will Ta'amu ever get it?

Just a question. Does anyone think Ta'amu will become a dominant or productive tackle with the Steelers? A guy that physically gifted should not get dominated like he did in the pre-season. I was just thinking about this as Hampton will not be back next year, no way.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Just a question. Does anyone think Ta'amu will become a dominant or productive tackle with the Steelers? A guy that physically gifted should not get dominated like he did in the pre-season. I was just thinking about this as Hampton will not be back next year, no way.
    The Steelers decided that it was worth a 4th round pick to allow Ta'amu to learn for a year...he is going from being a one gap defender to being a two gap defender...it can take time...

I do think he'll get it...

Say what you want about the coaches and the time it takes to learn the system, but Mitchell does a great job more often than not...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers decided that it was worth a 4th round pick to allow Ta'amu to learn for a year...he is going from being a one gap defender to being a two gap defender...it can take time...

I do think he'll get it...

Say what you want about the coaches and the time it takes to learn the system, but Mitchell does a great job more often than not...
    By all means let's force him to do something diffeent than he has all through a college career where he played good enough to get drafted into the NFL. Force the player into the system...again. Oh, and take two to three years to see if it works.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Usually, it does...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that it is a little early to try to answer that question.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watching McClendon dominate makes me think that T will be much better after his rookie year. McClendon was an undrafted free agent from Troy, if I recall. And he is playing lights out right now. I don't even know why fat Casey is on the field much, these days.

Legend

User Info Menu

i think it will take him a year or two to learn to just stand there and get no push..............like casey is now

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he will. Sometimes all it takes is for a player to get a chance.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think it will take him a year or two to learn to just stand there and get no push..............like casey is now
    Isn't that what we train our DL to do, occupy blockers????? Why go after the QB?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Isn't that what we train our DL to do, occupy blockers????? Why go after the QB?
    It would be nice to be mobile enough to go tackle a ball carrier every now and then.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]