Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How distasteful ... have to root for the Cryboys since they are playing the Ravons

  1. #1

    How distasteful ... have to root for the Cryboys since they are playing the Ravons

    Go Cowboys!!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,077
    Honestly, I don't know if I can do that. The thought certainly raises a ton of cognitive dissonance.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if I can do that. The thought certainly raises a ton of cognitive dissonance.
    Hmm, is that what T'amuu had last night, a ton of cognitive dissonance? Sounds like a good name for a drink!

    Maybe he just couldn't get past the rooting for the Cowboys thing either. He should have called you for life coaching tips, DukieBoy (assuming you're not in the klink at this time also!).


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Hmm, is that what T'amuu had last night, a ton of cognitive dissonance? Sounds like a good name for a drink!

    Maybe he just couldn't get past the rooting for the Cowboys thing either. He should have called you for life coaching tips, DukieBoy (assuming you're not in the klink at this time also!).
    I think his issue was more along the lines of alcohol-enhanced cognitive distortions. No, not in the klink, though I might get a better selection of Sunday games on the TV if I were wearing an orange county uniform.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I think his issue was more along the lines of alcohol-enhanced cognitive distortions. No, not in the klink, though I might get a better selection of Sunday games on the TV if I were wearing an orange county uniform.
    That, plus all the song-writing that often comes out of guest-of-the-County experiences (just ask Johnny Cash, or Steve Earle!). Like:

    "They made me wear Orange, but I wanted Black and Gold;
    So I cursed the judge, and his heart hard and cold .."

    Tell it!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  6. #6
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I think his issue was more along the lines of alcohol-enhanced cognitive distortions. No, not in the klink, though I might get a better selection of Sunday games on the TV if I were wearing an orange county uniform.
    Or at least picked up by the Bengals

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    That, plus all the song-writing that often comes out of guest-of-the-County experiences (just ask Johnny Cash, or Steve Earle!). Like:

    "They made me wear Orange, but I wanted Black and Gold;
    So I cursed the judge, and his heart hard and cold .."

    Tell it!
    Or this:

    WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
    AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
    BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
    SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

    CHORUS:
    AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
    AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
    NO, A’ YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
    YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME
    WELL I WONDER WHY YOU DON’T CALL ME
    WHY DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME BY MY NAME

    Made famous by David Allen Coe who spent much time to think in those confines, but written by the great Steve Goodman.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Or this:

    WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
    AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
    BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
    SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

    CHORUS:
    AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
    AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
    NO, A’ YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
    YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME
    WELL I WONDER WHY YOU DON’T CALL ME
    WHY DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME BY MY NAME

    Made famous by David Allen Coe who spent much time to think in those confines, but written by the great Steve Goodman.
    When it comes to figuring out what's been going wrong with the Steelers lately,

    "Lately I've been thinking too much lately"!

    (I think he, and his band, are GREAT!).


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,077
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    When it comes to figuring out what's been going wrong with the Steelers lately,

    "Lately I've been thinking too much lately"!

    (I think he, and his band, are GREAT!).
    A song appropriate for these times:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HulJhHWTBTo

    And, no lie, Paul Thorn http://paulthorn.com/

    once fought Roberto Duran. You can see it on Youtube also.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  10. #10
    Agreed, appropriate song for these troubling times. AND ... an Elvin Bishop sighting!!

    I was wondering if that was you and your band, DukieBoy!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •